We stayed at the Bacara Resort for 1 night (8th September) on our way from Monterey to LA. When we made the booking we thought it would be a great, family stop - given the pictures on the website of the beach and the pool. At a total cost of just over $1,000 AUD for our two, interconnecting rooms for the 1 night we were really expecting something special.
Sadly, the accommodation was really average. Our rooms were very tired, the carpets were stained and both were incredibly dusty, giving us all itchy eyes and noses. While we hadn't paid for a room with a view we did expect a nice outlook onto the garden for our $1,000 AUD. However, we got a depressing view of the rear of the building in front.
While the kids did enjoy the pool. The beach was nothing like in the pictures. There are horrible looking oil rigs directly off the resort beach which made me concerned as to whether it was safe to swim and a dead fish on the sand directly at the end of the resort walkway onto the beach didn't do much to allay my concerns.
The only part we really enjoyed was the food. We had dinner and breakfast at the Bistro and really enjoyed both - great selection for adults and children. The service also was very good.
To the credit of the management, when we checked out I voiced my disappointment regarding the rooms and they agreed to reduce the cost of one of our dinners.
Overall we felt the resort was horrendously overpriced and would recommend you stay somewhere else and just visit for dinner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BAlong the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara