So let me start by saying this hotel is absolutely beautiful! From the moment you drive up, the the lobby, the grounds and the gorgeous rooms, you are confident you have arrived at a true 5 star property. We were traveling with our three young boys so we got a suite and were thrilled upon arrival. The room was clean, spacious and designed elegantly. LIke all the rooms there, we had a balcony and ours luckily had an ocean view.
For anyone to claim they had bad service is astonishing to me. The service was truly the best I have had in years and I am comparing the The Ritz's and St Regis's of the world. You could not receive better pool service. Anytime you wanted anything there was a waiter at your disposal. My mom dropped her kindle by her lounge chair and before she could pick it up there was a waiter reaching for it t hand to her. Alex was an exceptional example of the type of service you would expect at this resort. As soon as the thought entered my mind that I would like some ice water he was literally standing over me with a cup - no joke!
The only cons I could say is that while they advertise this as a beach resort - there aren't any chairs set up on the beach and the beach has tar on it so its not necessarily a beach you want to spend your day on. It did not affect our trip as the pools are beautiful and heated to the perfect temperature. The only other con could be that it is at least a 10-15 minute drive to town. This did not bother us that much as we didn't mind the drive but it is something other people may want to know.
All in all we would definitely come back here. We loved our experience and recommend this hotel without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara