I have stayed at Bacara 2 or 3 times in the last few years, but I will not go back after my experience this last weekend. I booked only 1 night through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts program, and paid $550 for that one night. It was a holiday weekend, so of course, they did not have a room upgrade to offer, but they also could not accomodate the noon check in time that comes with the AMEX program.
The service at this resort has taken a nose dive. I am only going to focus on a few of the issues we encountered in the 24 hours we were there:
We were on the 3rd floor, and the elevator was broken.
The employee in the gift shop told me that they do not sell gum, because the clientele spits the gum on the ground, and it is too hard to clean up.
Went to a late dinner at Bistro-the food was pretty awful, and one of their chairs completely broke under my friend (who weighs 110 pounds soaking wet). She fell flat on her tail bone, and while they did comp the subpar dinner, they also said they would follow up with her to see how she was doing. They did not complete an incident report, or take down her information, and they of course, did not follow up with her. My friend was here from the East Coast and had to fly home with a bruised tailbone. The corker was that NO ONE inquired how our stay was when we checked out the next day.
I use the Fine Hotels and Resorts program all of the time, and it is almost always a great experience. I am incredibly disappointed that Bacara did not come close to a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara