I didn't know what to expect, but I figured that the service level would be good. I wasn't disappointed. Because I went with a friend, we asked for a room with 2 beds. But I booked through the United Mileage Plus site and that special request didn't go through. The front desk was nice about it, even though they had no rooms available with 2 beds. We got a rollaway for free, which we didn't end up using anyway because it was so clunky.
We used the spa and had great massages. The facilities are large and not too crowded. If you're going to use the spa, try to get a villa close to there. We were in Villa 3, which was really convenient for us, since we also used the Spa Cafe.
I didn't know that the beach had naturally-occurring tar, which is why we had tar wipes in our bathroom. The pools looked great, but we didn't feel like using the main pools, which were filled with kids.
There was only one misstep that I experienced with the Cafe, but I got an apology phone call and they made up for it with complimentary room service. Getting our car was easy too, and the attendants are very responsive. For a $30 resort fee, they'd better be!
I think this is a good option for families with parents who want to use the spa (and have the money to spend). Otherwise, not sure if it's a good resort for a romantic weekend--unless you stay closer to the spa, and further from the main pool area, which is better for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, we offer an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. Our resort in Santa Barbara, California features innovative and artful design that is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara