For a romantic weekend away my girlfriend and I decided to opt for bacara after some friends recommended it, we booked a suite overlooking the ocean to maximise our romantic wants. The room itself was very clean and whilst small was well arranged and comfortable, the bed was good the bathroom to a high standard.
The issues i have were with the prices, breakfast in bed, nothing special, a continental and a full english ran us in at 200 dollars, a 80 minute massage ran in at around 350 dollars and the massages in particular, i had two during my stay were of a poor quality.
there was a wedding each day we were there i think or at least it certainly felt like it with the cheesy disco music blaring around the resort, we tried each of their restaurants, one was massively overpriced with terrible service, the other however looked over the ocean at the top of the building and was a very enjoyable dinner.
The beaches are open and public, the location is lovely and the hotel itself is very nice but the prices far outweighed the experience, paying 3500 dollars or more for a three night stay in a basic suite is unacceptable at a hotel that isn't providing the right kind of services. for the same price you could stay at the post ranch inn and see how to do it right.
i'd stay here again if the prices weren't so obscene or the service came up to match the price but until either one happens i'd give it a miss!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BAlong the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara