Bacara is a great place for a business meeting, however it is far removed from other social opportunities. The property is beautiful and my room was lovely. It was described as a Villa and had none of the sound issues mentioned by other reviewers. The room was spacious and very well equipped.
Meals at Miro and the spa cafe were very enjoyable. With a group of about 15, the meal service at Miro was very smooth and the food was delicious.
I understood the tar on the beach to be occasional. Other reviewers mentioned going barefoot on the beach. Feet are easier to clean than shoes, especially sport shoes with gridded soles. I wish I had known. My husband spent 1 1/2 hours with a putty knife and paint thinner cleaning our shoes once we arrived home. It kind of took the fun out of the memories of our weekend.
The Bacara spa is beautiful with a lovely private spa pool. Facilities are very nice and include large lounge areas with a fireplace. My concern is that the staff at the desk appeared to be uninformed about the services offered, both for skin and nails. I made my facial appointment in person because I wanted to express that I have sensitive skin and that that should be taken into account. Apparently no note was made. The staff stressed that the therapists were professional and would evaluate my skin. I also told the therapist that my skin was very sensitive. Now, on day 4, my face is raw in some places and very dry. The products used on me were for normal to oily skin. I am, and always have been, extremely dry. My husband says I aged 5 years over the weekend! Of course, this is repairable, but so disappointing. I am no longer inclined to have beauty services away from home. Given the isolation of the resort, the spa should be top-notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara