“Absolute Paradise”

The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Bacara for 3 days and couldn't have had a more spectacular stay. The reception team included a fabulous Valet team and reception team. Arrived on Friday just in time for a glorious Happy Hour with free flowing wine, exquisite cheeses and flamenco guitarist making the ambiance world class. My suite with an ocean view was nothing short of stunning.. Dinner at the ocean view Miro was Outstanding and if you have the fortune of our waiter "Kevin" ask for him. Kevin is amongst the finest advisors on menu selection, description and knowledge of wines to accompany the dinning experience that I can recall in my travels around the globe. Be sure to take advantage of the Spa treatments and playing on the clay tennis courts was amazing.

I'm already looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank CoastalCouple_10

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Bacara on a Sunday night for a quick weekend getaway. The front desk staff was awesome and was able to upgrade me to a partial ocean view room in building 9 with a small balcony. Amazing! She was very sweet after a long 4.5 hour drive from San Francisco and then wine tasting. The concierge set me up with a great dinner at Ca'dario downtown SB and they even brought out a dessert for the anniversary. I was so shocked and impressed at this excellent level of service I received.

Thank you Bacara and all your staff! I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Hawaiihs
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for our Anniversary and loved it. We had champagne waiting in our room when we arrived, the room was really nice and very clean and had a ocean view, even though I only paid for garden view. This is a great place and worth the price, we ate at the Miro restaurant and loved it, they threw in a nice dessert as well.

All in all very nice place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank westcoaster92067
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Arriving to this resort is like an escape to a Mediterranean paradise once you get through those gates. The property is beautiful, lush while over looking the pool, the back splash is the panoramic view of the ocean. In January I made a reservations for a feather and pet free room. Upon arrival and checking in, I validated my request with the front desk. When getting to my room - the room was not feather-free and I have terrible allergies. Instantly, I got on the phone with Kendrick in Guest Reception. Not only did Kendrick have housekeeping remove all of the items quickly, he personally met my husband and I at dinner later that evening and took care of our dining experience (The new sushi bar is amazing, with a live band). My husband and I try to get away locally every other month, and if it wasn't for Kendrick - we probably would not have returned to the resort. On our next visit to the Bacara, Kendrick was aware of our stay ahead of time, triple checked on making sure the room was feather-free/pet-free, upgraded the room, and generously sent a note with a bottle of wine up to our room. This kind of service is impeccable, classy, and as a result we have booked another stay 2 weeks later.
Needless to say the atmosphere/property, service, food/dining experience, spa, are at a 5 star standard or beyond. We will continue to return to this resort and refer friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Bacara Resort & Spa is paradise found and a superior stay from accommodations to location to exemplary service. We rented an ocean-front room and we thrilled to find the Bacara's idea of ocean-front and our idea of ocean-front were one in the same. There were no obstructions, no peeking out the side of our room straining our neck to see our ocean view...we were ON the ocean. The room was designed so that every window had a view of the ocean -- even the bathroom. Also, being located on a point and the way the other rooms were situated, we could not see any other room. It felt very private.

The room itself is very large and exquisite. We loved that the designer showed restraint in the accessories and limited even the pictures on the wall (there was one) as the view is the art. Everything in the room was designed for comfort, luxury, relaxation and centered on the fantastic view. The fireplace in our room produced such great heat that we were able to leave it on overnight and open our door to our patio to hear the waves crashing just beyond the dunes. In a bit of good luck, we had a nearly full moon so we were able to watch the waves rolling in as well as hear them.

The property itself is gorgeous. Every pathway is lighted, clean, level. The landscaping is lush and perfect. The pool area is truly breathtaking and our only disappointment is that we were not there is warmer weather to be able to take advantage of the pool and it's unbelievable cabana area.

We had room service deliver our breakfast in the morning. Promptly on time, the server laid out a beautiful arrangement on our back patio inclusive of flowers and tablecloth with everything well within our reach. With our view, we can't imagine there was any reason to go to the dining area. The choices for room service were varied and anything you could want was on the menu. Upon completing our breakfast, we called to have the table cleared and someone was sent immediately.

There is just not enough that can be said about the Bacara. It is one of the most outstanding resorts in which we've ever stayed and we can't wait to return. Everything was five-star perfection and they truly understand a level of service we haven't found too often in our travels. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are worth the upgrade in price. You wont' believe anyone else is on the prope...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenifer W
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our family arrived to an outgoing, warm & welcoming valet & bell staff which was almost exceded by this spectacular, mediterranean view of the California Coast. The front desk staff & concierge desk were extremely helpful & had gone out of there way to assist us with just about everything from car rental, restaurants in town, day trips, etc. Our villa was centrally located to the restaurant, spa & pools with an ocean view that was spectacular! Prompt & delicious room service was utilized for quick breakfast's and afternoon snacks. We can not wait to return to the Bacara Resort in the summer. I really can't say enough about this jewel.

Room Tip: Ocean View, villa in central location
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Judy S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just returned from a five-night stay with my family from Bacara Resort and Spa in Goleta, CA, just outside of Santa Barbara. The setting and panaramic views were only surpassed by the service we received and the accomodations we were assigned. Eveyone from the grounds crew to the housekeeperd to the food and beverage staff in Miro and the bar could not have been more accomodating. Always there, willing and able when we needed them - invisible when we did not. Incidentally the resort has a great bar with a menu that makes it hard to decide what to order. Everything was just wonderful, but especially loved the chicken quesadilla. Margaritas were yummy as well. Sent my wife and kids for massages which they thoroughly enjoyed. Already planning our next trip back to this wonderful resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view can't be beat!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stuart S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
Spanish Garden Inn
Spanish Garden Inn
#4 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!