The Bacara Resort & Spa is paradise found and a superior stay from accommodations to location to exemplary service. We rented an ocean-front room and we thrilled to find the Bacara's idea of ocean-front and our idea of ocean-front were one in the same. There were no obstructions, no peeking out the side of our room straining our neck to see our ocean view...we were ON the ocean. The room was designed so that every window had a view of the ocean -- even the bathroom. Also, being located on a point and the way the other rooms were situated, we could not see any other room. It felt very private.
The room itself is very large and exquisite. We loved that the designer showed restraint in the accessories and limited even the pictures on the wall (there was one) as the view is the art. Everything in the room was designed for comfort, luxury, relaxation and centered on the fantastic view. The fireplace in our room produced such great heat that we were able to leave it on overnight and open our door to our patio to hear the waves crashing just beyond the dunes. In a bit of good luck, we had a nearly full moon so we were able to watch the waves rolling in as well as hear them.
The property itself is gorgeous. Every pathway is lighted, clean, level. The landscaping is lush and perfect. The pool area is truly breathtaking and our only disappointment is that we were not there is warmer weather to be able to take advantage of the pool and it's unbelievable cabana area.
We had room service deliver our breakfast in the morning. Promptly on time, the server laid out a beautiful arrangement on our back patio inclusive of flowers and tablecloth with everything well within our reach. With our view, we can't imagine there was any reason to go to the dining area. The choices for room service were varied and anything you could want was on the menu. Upon completing our breakfast, we called to have the table cleared and someone was sent immediately.
There is just not enough that can be said about the Bacara. It is one of the most outstanding resorts in which we've ever stayed and we can't wait to return. Everything was five-star perfection and they truly understand a level of service we haven't found too often in our travels. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara