“A bit too pricey!!”

The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Too pricey guys, the service is great but the lounge/bar music was too slow like elevator music. Food at the bistro was good but about 20 bucks per plate over priced. So, if you could get a room for under $350, a night then it's worth it. Don't forget you need to pay a resort fee of $20+ which includes wifi but the wireless only works in public areas. Also, there's a parking fee for another $20+. So, take that into consideration.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Beautiful grounds, lots to offer from the private beach, various restaurants, pools, really nice gym and classes they offer, and hiking trails.
Our room was really nice with a balcony view of the pool and the ocean. It's a pretty quiet resort which makes it a nice escape.
The staff was Very friendly! 5 stars for hospitality.
It's definitely not cheap but worth the splurge!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is our second time at Bacara. We are officially in love with this resort! Not too far from Los Angeles, but like a different world. The grounds are more than beautiful . There are little bunnies hopping around everywhere!
This resort is very luxurious, and you do pay for it( worth every penny for us). The service is outstanding. Workers greet you with a smile everywhere you go.
I would say that this resort is not for the lazy. The whole place is set on a sloping hillside so if you go down to the beach, beach bistro, or pools- you are walking at a steep incline back to your room. My husband and I love how active it keeps us, but I could see how certain people would not want to put out that much effort just to walk back from breakfast ;-)
My husband and I walked the property and beach every morning - what a delight! Being that it is June , we had June Gloom every morning but it burned off by 2 for the most perfect, sun filled afternoons to gaze at the most gorgeous views. We went to a complimentary wine reception at Miro one night- great wine, cheese, music , and views to die for!

The restaurants are all very good and we love sitting at the lobby bar and having cocktails. I would recommend this resort to anyone who loves a luxury vacation

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Loved the Bacara. It is everything that a resort should be. Positives: The architecture is beautiful, the service is amazing, the food at Miro was incredible, the beds are comfy, the valet staff is prompt and polite, the view is incredible. Negative (only slightly so) The beach is not terribly large and does not have lounge chairs, but nonetheless it is peaceful and quiet. If you want to rent a cabana, it is quite expensive. And, if you want to go downtown Santa Barbara, it is not walking distance. We thought that we would miss being able to walk downtown, but the resort was too nice and we were very happy to stay on property during our visit. All said, I would very definitely stay again and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank addax12
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Beautiful resort, great service all around. A couple of areas were lacking in my opinion, for the price. I would have expected at a resort of this caliber that HD televisions would have been in each room by now. Instead, they still have old analog flat screens which was disappointing. The television in my room also had sporadic reception with only about 10 channels working at any one time. True that one doesn't come here to watch TV in the room, but during down time, it would have been nice. We also traveled with a handicapped relative and while they waived the parking charges since she had a handicap parking plate, they still charged us $35 per day to rent a wheel chair. Also, the jacuzzi closes at 10 pm on Friday and Saturday which was disappointing for some of us who wanted to relax after dinner.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I love the Bacara. I've read a lot of negative reviews and I just don't agree. I am not a "resort" person at all but the Bacara is where I make the exception. It doesn't feel like a resort because we feel like we have a lot of privacy because 1)the hotel never seems to be full and 2) it is quite spread out so the only time you hear people is really at the pool or the lobby. We have always had exceptional service (ordered a lot of in-room dining with delicious food and great service). On our third stay there we were upgraded one category to thank us for our loyalty.

Beware that the weather is often not warm enough to lay at the pool (and especially the beach) many times throughout the summer.

The rooms are very clean. I like that the floors are clay tile and not carpet. Makes it feel cleaner. Also, I like how the bathtub area opens up to the bedroom in most of the rooms to give a more open and romantic feel.

Yes, it is very expensive, but if you're in the market for a place like Bacara I would assume you're looking for luxury. By the way, it is always at least $200 cheaper than the Four Seasons Santa Barbara. THAT is expensive!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wittliz
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This is my 4th time at Bacara and it never lets me down. Impeccable service, beautifully appointed rooms, quiet and on a near empty beach.

My only wish is that they would have a better selection of food for vegetarians. It's strange really that they are not more in tuned to veggies since its proximity to LA it is a nice weekend get away and there is a diverse population there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Spanish Garden Inn
Spanish Garden Inn
#3 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!