“I'm updating my review from 2 years ago”
Review of The Nugget

The Nugget
Ranked #14 of 139 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“I'm updating my review from 2 years ago”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

OK, I'm happy again...they changed back the french fries to the original ones. So I'm giving them 5 stars because in a world where its hard to find a good burger it's my go-to place when in Santa Barbara/Goleta

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank HomeBaser

• Turkish first
canada
“great Ahi!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice place for lunch after visiting a couple of beaches. Special of the day was Ahi, burger, salad, or dinner. The salad was huge! A very generous and perfectly cooked Ahi steak in the middle. The rest of the menu looked good enough for a return visit. The beer was good too. Kid friendly. Interesting decor with old photographs of the area.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kathiann
MA
“Casual local and fun”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We had homemade meatloaf and chicken piccata. Both just fine. Place has license plates and animal heads. It feels real, not some chain you would find in a mall. Waitress was very cute, if that matters to you.

1 Thank bigjimcape
Cayman Islands
“A Great Place with Great Vibe Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Local uber-friendly restaurant and bar. Great Food - Great Service.
On business and invited to The Nugget after business hours for dinner. Totally enjoyed great food, great people and great service in a most unique setting.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mountainview2guest
Santa Cruz, California
“Very cool place! Read this one..... Don't pass it up.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were on foot, headed for the denny's when I spotted this place. God, I'm glad I did.
Easy to find and lots of parking.
It was about 2:30 in the afternoos, so the place was empty, accept for a few yocal-locals at the bar. The joint was decorated kind of like a hunting lodge, with like, pioneer tools, and other interesting stuff. I can't seem to put a lable on it.
Anyhow, the menu was basically good'ole American burgers and sandwiches. All three of us were happy with our food.
I had the Pastrami Sand (special of the day), w/salad... damn good! Savory pastrami, sauerkraut, chedder cheese,thousand island, on toasted rye....I know... but it was killer!!! The salad was blah but who cares.
The server was super pleasant. Got to say though, it took quite a while before our food came, but it was darn good and that's what counts. I suppose being so slow at that time of day, the kitchen was operating at less than full speed.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Danny_OI812

Been to The Nugget? Share your experiences!