“Casual local and fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We had homemade meatloaf and chicken piccata. Both just fine. Place has license plates and animal heads. It feels real, not some chain you would find in a mall. Waitress was very cute, if that matters to you.

1  Thank bigjimcape

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Local uber-friendly restaurant and bar. Great Food - Great Service.
On business and invited to The Nugget after business hours for dinner. Totally enjoyed great food, great people and great service in a most unique setting.

1  Thank Mountainview2guest
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were on foot, headed for the denny's when I spotted this place. God, I'm glad I did.
Easy to find and lots of parking.
It was about 2:30 in the afternoos, so the place was empty, accept for a few yocal-locals at the bar. The joint was decorated kind of like a hunting lodge, with like, pioneer tools, and other interesting stuff. I can't seem to put a lable on it.
Anyhow, the menu was basically good'ole American burgers and sandwiches. All three of us were happy with our food.
I had the Pastrami Sand (special of the day), w/salad... damn good! Savory pastrami, sauerkraut, chedder cheese,thousand island, on toasted rye....I know... but it was killer!!! The salad was blah but who cares.
The server was super pleasant. Got to say though, it took quite a while before our food came, but it was darn good and that's what counts. I suppose being so slow at that time of day, the kitchen was operating at less than full speed.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Danny_OI812
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Coming back from LA we stopped in Goleta looming to refuel the car and our stomachs. We saw the Outback steakhouse on the left but decided to try something non-chain and we are happy we did! Started off with the cheese fries ( not on the menu but we asked for it and they accomodated our request ) the fries were crisp and real then topped with their chili that was not made with hamburger meat but with pulled pork ... yummy! I had the fetuchini alfredo with grilled shrimp ( also a special request as they offer with chicken on the menu ) once again it was outstanding! Looking forwadd to the next time i visit :-)

1  Thank petitemoose
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had dinner here twice during my last visit to the area. Had filet mignon which was great and a ribeye which also was great. Good service overall.

Been to The Nugget? Share your experiences!