“This place is now our "Best of Show"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goleta
Circle Bar B Guest Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Goleta B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“This place is now our "Best of Show"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

travelled with my teenage son during a school break. We stayed in a cabin for two nights and enjoyed the lovely grounds, scenery, delicious meals (all 3 each day) and incredible horseback riding. We have gone horseback riding in the Catskills of New York, and San Diego County. By far Circle Bar B has the best trails, and horses and knowledgeable guide. We could not believe that the horses get to roam on the acres freely when they are not in use for the trips. It was indeed home away from home and the Hosts were so friendly and accommodating. We can't wait to bring the rest of our family up for a visit. It's a 10 star all the way

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Norwalk, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

Due to being bucked off by one of their horses that was sick and substaining serious injuries, I was rushed to the trauma center in Santa Barbara. My girlfriend immediatly packed up and left. The accident happened on the morning of what would have been our second day. Instead of issuing a refund for one day, all they offered was that we can come back and use the day that was paid for. They did not offer any additional comp. Even then, they only made the offer good within a short period and they demanded an answer in a short period of time. Who wants to go to theSanta Barbara mountains during the raining season for just one night? Very bad customer service and public relations if anything happens. Also for the price, the food could be found at any school cafeteria.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank KRGOTO
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed for three nights in early July 2010.

We stayed in one of the rooms, with air conditioning ( a must have, you will need it after your horse riding). The rooms was beautiful, the bathroom was luxurious and the bed was so comfortable.

The food was buffet style and different every night, the food was always good. Breakfast was great with lots of options including pancakes or french toast.

Riding was the highlight of the stay. The horses were beautifully behaved and the wranglers, Joe and JP were fantastic, Joe especially so. We did a 2 hour ride followed by a half day ride the next day. The scenery is incredible, but take a hat with you, it get hot hot hot out there.

A great place to stay, although three days was enough, one you've ridden there's not much to do.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunnie84
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

Circle B Ranch is a place that holds much history. It has been there since the 1930's
and has hosted numerous movie stars, but what I liked most about it was the 80 year
old owner Mr.Brown that told all kinds of stories of old California. The rooms are very
clean and are comfortable (make sure you request a air conditioned room because the
canyon is very hot during the summer. They have a pool and a rec room with a pool table.
The horseback riding on the ranch is great because they are real cowboys that take you on the trail through shaded tree paths and river beds.The three meals a day were really well put together also. The drive up Refugio Canyon is beautiful.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed here for two nights as part of a larger trip through Arizona and California. The Circle Bar B is a beautiful hillside ranch with the most outstanding staff you could dream up. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and I swear you could interrupt them in the middle of a natural disaster and they would smile and say "no problem at all - let me help you". They make this place work - I can't say enough about them.

We stayed in a hillside homestead which was a beautiful cabin with nice amenities. There was a wood burning fireplace with wood stacked on the porch, and really terrific bedrooms and baths downstairs and upstairs. The cabin appeared to have been recently remodeled, although apparently that isn't the case with every room on the ranch (just a point worth asking about when you book).

The price was a little high though - but I guess for CA it's maybe not so out of line. That would be my only major strike against it - the value.

Horseback riding is the main attraction. There is a stable with 30+ horses and a (mostly) great team of wranglers (I admit - one wrangler was a little abrasive and seemed to enjoy correcting people and putting his horse expertise on display for everyone to see, but I think he meant no harm and was kind of amusing once you got used to him). The man who seemed to run the stable (Jack?) was great - very engaging and welcoming. He was the kind of guy you wanted to have a beer with while sitting around the campfire (sadly - no campfires).

The downside is - after the horseback riding, there's not a lot to do or a lot nearby (although if you have the time, a short trip to the town of Solvang is worth it). There's a small pool and hot tub, which are nice if it's warm enough (but, um, you're in the mountains of Santa Barbara so it's not exactly Vegas as far as climate).

The food was amazing except for one meal. The first dinner was grilled chicken and rice - very bland and disappointing. The second night was an amazing BBQ and the best chili you've ever had. I don't know - the first night was a Monday so maybe it was the main cook's night off (no excuse - it wasn't an acceptable meal for the price of the inclusive stay). The breakfasts were great and the boxed lunches were fine.

This is really a great place to go for a couple of days. I wouldn't suggest longer unless you "really" like horseback riding because as I mentioned, other than relaxing and enjoying the scenery, there's not a lot else to do. But for a short escape - I can't recommend it enough.

Ask the horse guides to point out Ronald Reagan's ranch if that interests you - you can see it from a distance which is kind of cool if you're a Reagan fan :-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jeffburgh
beachy59
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is the perfect getaway. We stayed in a private cabin. At first I was a little disappointed because the bedding looked very dated and the carpet looked stained. BUT, at a closer look, although the bedding WAS dated, it felt very clean. The room had everything we needed except an iron. Keep in mind not all the rooms have heating and air. This was not a problem for us, due to the time of year. The weather was perfect. The staff is excellent, friendly and helpful. The horseback riding was more scenic and fun than I had expected. We took the 1 1/2 hour ride, which was perfect. We also had the in room massage, Katie, the massage therapist was great. She showed up on time and the massage was incredible. One more rave, "the food was delicious" and plenty of it. The only note to consider is there is not a lot for small children to do, they must be 7 to ride a horse and besides the pool, spa and hiking, not a lot for the little ones. But couples will not be disappointed. Happy trails :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Carpinteria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

My husband surprised me by bringing me to the Circle Bar B Ranch. He knows I absolutely LOVE horses and riding. I have done a lot of riding throughout my life. When we drove up to the ranch and all the horses were tacked up there, I was SO excited!! It has an old-town saloon/western feel. The coyboys there are all very friendly and helpful. The horses were all extremely calm and very sweet. They are well trained and in excellent condition. I was elated to go on our 1/2 day (4 hour) ride. It was a real trail ride across creeks, up and down terrain, and through beautiful trees. I felt out away from it all as we experienced sweeping views of the ocean. It was magical, and I will be back very soon for another incredible ride!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Bacara Resort & Spa
Bacara Resort & Spa
#1 of 11 in Goleta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,222 reviews

Been to Circle Bar B Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!