All reviews waffle maker goleta beach mini refrigerator room was clean swimming pool short stay convenient location would stay again ucsb galena airport freeway mattress internet california pier
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this Super 8 for six nights during a cross-country train trip in early November of 2013. While it might seem expensive for a Super 8, rembember, this is Santa Barbara. Nothing is cheap here.

First, the hotel was clean. A little dated for sure, but clean. You might smell a bit of mildew, but that's true in almost any motel by the ocean from Cape Cod to foggy Goleta. The staff was very friendly, and housekeeping was very good.

For breakfast, I grabbed a packaged Super 8 pastry along with my coffee each morning, and I was good to go. If you're visiting UCSB or flying out of the airport, then this location can't be beat. It's right next door. If you're planning to spend your time in downtown SB, it's just a 20 minute drive down the 101 or Hollister Ave.

Although most tourists will have a car, the local bus system is extremely convenient and inexpensive. There are two bus stops right outside the hotel. Several of the MTD bus lines will take you downtown in 20 or 30 minutes, and the service is frequent. The vehicles are new and clean, and the drivers are extremely professional and friendly.

I could have stayed in Buellton for half the price, or downtown SB for twice the price. The Super 8 in Goleta suit me just fine. A good value in a very expensive area for tourists.

Room tip: The rooms facing the mountains on the third floor would be my choice. I like to look at the mountains while I'm having my morning coffee.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Goleta, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We wanted to stay in the cheapest place possible near UCSB as we were only staying for a couple of days to move in a student last weekend. We got a 2 queen bed room and it was huge. The room was clean and we got free wi-fi which worked with no problems. The front desk staff people were very nice. Although the motel was a little dated, we were really not there to enjoy the amenities. We only wanted a clean, safe place to stay, and that is exactly what we got (and a cheap price to boot).

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Super8Goleta, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted you had a great experience and found our Super 8 to be convenient, comfortable and affordable. Please come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,