“OK PLACE TO STAY” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Arvada, Colorado
“OK PLACE TO STAY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed two nights over the weekend at the Motel 6 in Goleta, CA. Found the rooms to be clean but very small. Had two beds in room. Right off main hwy #101 so easy access. A number of eating, pharmacy, gas, etc. available within walking distance from hotel. Staff was ok to work with. Towels in bathroom were a little small & skimpy. Otherwise things were fine. This place is a little pricy for Motel 6 ($136/night weekend rate). Not use to paying that much for this type of hotel. I guess because of location (Santa Barbara,CA) they can demand that much. Because of price would do more checking out other local hotels. Nothing grabbed me to want to stay here again especially for the $$$.

Room Tip: Check out other hotels to try & get better deal - $$$.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bigmike9999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
gainesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

the room was very cool and new. extremely clean, flat screen, vanity mirror, awesmoe location 5 mins from the beach. BUT they didnt give you shampoo or conditioner, just soap? They spent the $$ to have a beautifull room and cheap out on shampoo. I asked the clerk and he said i can buy some in the vending machine

Room Tip: bring your own shampoo and soap.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank troy k
Poway, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

While the first floor room I had was nicely furnished, the noise coming from the parking lot coupled with loud talking, beer drinking construction workers until 11:00pm, and finally a wake up that occurred at 4:00 am with somebody yelling, "Henry, did you get the suitcase?" while starting the engine of their car did take the glow off my brief stay....also, this Motel 6 was $20.00 more per night than the one south in Carpentaria or the one north in Pismo Beach...couldn't get a good reason why that might be the case...

Room Tip: Stay as far from the parking area as possible...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sspencer48

Travelers are raving about these Goleta hotels

Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at the Motel 6 in Goleta because we were visiting our son who attends UCSB. This was one of the few motels/hotels in the area which accepted pets. We arrived with our little dog in tow. The room (one queen bed) has extremely small. The room had a bad odor coming from the sink area. We never found the source of the odor. The room appeared clean, yet sparse. Need tissues? Bring your own. This establishment doesn't supply them. Need an alarm clock? Bring your own. This place doesn't provide clocks in the rooms. Need a good night's sleep? Don't stay here! The bed/mattress is as hard as a rock. My husband and I both ended up with back aches. The noise level was awful too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Santacruzin2u
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and daughter were spending a couple of nights near Santa Barbara attending a sporting event at UCSB. I hadn't stayed at a Motel 6 for at least 10 years. When I went shopping for a hotel near the University, I saw that this Motel 6 had been remodeled and I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, so I booked a room with 2 beds. The motel is convenient to UCSB and Santa Barbara. There are restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores within walking distance. The check-in process went smoothly. I asked for a room away from the freeway and was accommodated. There was no hair dryer, but if you ask at the front desk, they will give you one to use during your stay. The room is very small, but we were only there to sleep, so it didn't matter. True to Motel 6, the only amenities are two bars of soap. The towels are small, thin and rough. But if you wanted to pay a lot more for nicer towels, you can go down the street and pay another $60 a night. The one complaint we had was that one of the beds is directly against the A/C, so if you have the AC on, the person sleeping in that bed gets blasted all night. I tried to get a couple of extra blankets on the second night and was told that they did not have any...really??? no extra blankets at a motel/hotel? The motel is just for a place to lay your head at night, nothing else. I would stay here again if in the area, however hubby would not.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank questo
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I am from the Santa Barbara area, but now live north, I checked my family in to here when I had a family member in the hospital. Although I was extremely uncomfortable with the check in process overnight :-/
It was a pretty decent room, completely renovated!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank SBSCSoccerMom
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is a good option when traveling to santa barbara. First of all I want to thank Lynn she was amazing. We were traveling to pismo beach 12/30/11 when our rental car broke down at midnight and our aaa tow truck took us there. She was phenomenal it was late and cold, and our car rental company (HERTZ) was giving us a hard time to pay for our hotel and she opened the lobby for us to come in and keep warm. She went above and beyond to accomodate us and was very patient even the next morning when I was waiting for the taxi (that our rental company was providing), she offered to give me a ride since they were taking so long to arrive. She made our stress and stay very satisfying. Kudos to Lynn!!
The hotel has all its basic amenities. It is very clean and modern. It is small but for the price I truly believe it was very convenient. Didn't stay long enough to enjoy their facilities we checked in at 130 am and checked out at 7 am. I did notice that is located next to various stores and restaurants. It is also very close to hwy 101.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple