“Good, but not the best”

Cuisines: Mexican
Davis, California
“Good, but not the best”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

A step above a lot of Mexican fast food restaurants, - or I guess the currently "correct" term is "taqueria" - but there are some that are better in my experience, so they don't get the full 5 "dots" from me. I had a three item combo which included a chile relleno, a chicken enchilada and a (ground) beef taco, plus of course rice, beans and the chips & salsa bar. The relleno had a very tasty batter, albeit a bit greasy, and the enchilada was also very good. However, the taco was mediocre, served in a pre-fab "Taco Bell" style shell & the ground beef was a tad greasy. The chips were kept crispy & heated under a heat lamp, which I appreciate in any Mexican restaurant, as cold, sometimes stale chips are a real turn off. The salsa choices were very good, from mild to moderately spicey. The restaurant is clean and for a fast food joint, very attractive.