“Out of the Rain”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gold River
Templeton, California
“Out of the Rain”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A comfortable stay, centrally located to meet our needs, good/flavorful coffee and a marvelous staff. The only 'hiccup' was the hot tub being broken over the weekend of our stay, which would have helped my neck and shoulders Sunday night, but such is the timing of things. And a 10% off at the local Cattleman's was a bonus! We'll be staying here again, no worries.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Good to know a temporary hiccup with our hot tub will not dissuade these folks from coming back to us. It's fixed now and ready for your next visit. See you then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had something of value that turned up missing in my room that was sitting on my bed. No one from the hotel staff offered to look for it. They all claimed it was impossible that it was taken yet it was still gone. The hotel manager stated he owned the property would have me removed from the hotel when I stated I would be calling Wyndham customer care and filing a police report. I didn't want anything else. You see I am a "know it all" and "very rude" because I asked that my property be returned. I've never stated at a Hawthorn Suites before and this will be my very last time. No one time did anyone say they were sorry although the manager offered to replace the missing item. Only problem is it was a prescription medical device paid for my health insurance. It will take weeks to replace. Wyndham's answer to this was to state that a customer care rep would be in touch with me within 7 days. Are they kidding? My business trips will take me anywhere but any Wyndham property from this day forward. Value your customer Wyndham - not your egos!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We are attempting to have this review removed from TripAdvisor. It is intentionally inaccurate, embellished and misleading. The reviewer does not mention that she, in fact, FOUND the missing item -- a pair of orthopedic socks -- in her room. The reviewer does not mention that I personally offered twice to help her search her room and that she refused my offer each time. The reviewer does not mention that I personally dug through the hotel dumpster for 45 minutes searching for an item that was IN HER ROOM ALL ALONG because she insisted that her health was in jeopardy. The reviewer does not mention the barrage of insults she hurled at me and my staff, which forced me to insist that she either calm down or be removed from the hotel.

As I informed this guest, I stand behind my staff 100 percent. If I didn't, they wouldn't be here. If you browse through our TripAdvisor reviews, the one consistent is the friendliness and helpfulness of the people who work here. When we're off -- and everyone is, sometimes -- we own it. But, I will not tolerate accusations or insults thrown at the people who work hard for me every day. It's not what they're here for and we don't need anyone's business that bad.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gold River
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova
Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Co...
#11 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Folsom
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Lake Natoma Inn
Lake Natoma Inn
#7 of 11 in Folsom

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom? Share your experiences!