“Diner Plus...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Diner Plus...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well, it's that time of year again when Red Robin puts out their Oktoberfest Burger, so I and junior just had to go get a couple. This is a seasonal special with added ham and Swiss on a pretzel bun. The commercials make it look amazing, but it doesn't quite live up to it's advertized visual glory in real life. It's not too far off, but it could use a little more attention to detail, and it was when I ordered mine that I learned of Red Robin's policy of cooking nothing medium rare. Now I don't like bloody, but a little juicy is my general wish, and unfortunately in their fear not to under-cook the meat, they made it severely well-done. Kind of disappointing, dry, and dull. It was also rather compressed instead of full-looking like the pictures, and the special bun was kinda soggy on the bottom.
It's served with fries unless you want to swap it for coleslaw, which I did, but the slaw was so under-dressed that the first couple mouthfuls were just shredded dry cabbage. What a disappointment there, since I always like to see how others do basic foods like slaw to get ideas when making my own at home. Anyway, it seemed that the dishwasher put this one together instead of the cooks. Overall, Red Robin comes across as a diner that serves a little more variety and tries to offer something of a top shelf version of diner fare, but my visit today was a miss.
Another thing, while I drank ice tea, I did peruse the beer menu and found it pretty weak. After finishing lunch, I told the waiter I thought it was too bad that the restaurant didn't have some craft beers besides the ubiquitous Sam Adams, and that's when he said, "Oh we do, they're just not on the menu." That would have been something to know when I sat down, not when I got up to leave. Anyway, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat again at this particular location, but I'm sure there's better stuff at Red Robins than probably a lot of other places.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank RevLovebrew

San Fernando, California
“Good FOod”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Red Robin has never let me down. Their cheeseburgers are real good and add extra onions and you got it made. Theri fries are good as well. If your not in the mood for burgers try any of their other meals. You will not be disapointed.

Visited May 2012
WNC
“Great burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Get a burger here, don't waste time on anything else. They make them like they are supposed to taste... delicious!! Crispy lettuce, fresh soft buns.. can't be beat!

Visited August 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“Food Was Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Second time eating at a Red Robin. First time was in Arizona and was not impressed. This Red Robin restaurant, located in the Glendale Galleria mall, changed my opinion. Food was so good! Even my daughter, who has eaten at various Red Robin's in Arizona, commented on how much better it was. I had the "protein" burger. Lots of lettuce, which I like, and it was fresh. Everyone else's meal looked good too. Our waiter, Ross, was awesome. The manager came out and talked to us and let us know about some good Mexican restaurants in the area. He was super nice. We really enjoyed our meal there and will return if ever in the area again!

Visited October 2011
Los Angeles, California
“My bf goes here to watch...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2008

My bf goes here to watch football and drink beer. I love their foccacia and fries. That's it. Oh and their strawberry lemonade.