“Good Value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Glendale, California
“Good Value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Last Friday night, my boyfriend and I dined at Ichiban for dinner. We arrived close to seven and managed to get a table, although there was almost always a crowd waiting to be seated during our visit. It was packed.

I had a dinner combo with steak teriyaki and shrimp tempura. My boyfriend had some sashimi and rolls. The food was plentiful and a good bargain. We were full for around forty dollars, including sharing hot sake. It's not the best Japanese food that I have eaten, but probably the best for the price. We were happy.

Service was spotty. We had several servers helping us and they ranged from friendly to surly. We didn't quite know who to flag down when we needed something. It was a bit confusing.

Parking is free for 90 min in the structure, plenty of time.

We look forward to returning here.

Please check ut my blog for more reviews and foody things.

• Visited April 2013

Huntington, West Virginia, United States
“This was my place.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Loved this gem hidden in Glendale. The sushi is super cheap, super fresh, and the staff are amazing. We came here more than anywhere in the time I lived in LA. If you want cheap and different, order the salmon collar. Its usually really cheap, char grilled and served with lemon and a nice ponzu sauce.

• Visited April 2012
LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, reasonably priced japanese restaurant”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Their sushi is not top of the line but pretty good considering the price. There's a list of 50% off sushi to choose from and their albacore sushi salad is awesome. I think service is mediocre though and could use some improvement.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“THE worst sushi I've ever eaten. CA rolls taste like they're made with crab-salad. Yuk.”
Reviewed February 29, 2008