“One roach - an accident, two roaches - a problem.”

Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the great location of this Inn. Right across from the Americana in Glendale - a wonderful shopping mecca. So when I entered our room and a roach scuttled across one of the beds, I tried to justify it as a singular incident. Too exhausted to complain to managment at that hour, I killed our little unwanted friend and dreamt of them being everywhere. Apparently it wasn't a dream as another one was quick to greet us in the morning from the bathroom. The room was cramped and the bed covers stained. Being in the hospitality industry, those sort of problems are intolerable and as a customer, disheartening when you just spent $100 for the night! I'm dissappointed in my experience to say the least. With it's great location and friendly staff, I expected better.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2009

I was traveling from out of town for just a one night stay. Made reservations in advance and front desk was helpful. Good price. Room was on third level, I didn't realize how many steps i had to take but when we got up to the room, it was very reasonable. Very clean and tidy. Loved the cable TV, the convenient iron and ironing board and the hairdryer. The mini fridge was not keeping our drinks cold enough. I think the freezer door on top might of broken. The only ice machine we could find was on the very bottom floor by the pool. The pool was dirty and seemed like it hadn't been cleaned with chlorine in a while. Not sure how the internet access worked. The beds were comfortable and nice decorating. Very close to shopping mall, the Glendale Galleria is amazing. Very close to other stores and restaurants. Overall, I had a nice stay and would recommend this to others.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank smrtgurl89
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Couldn't ask for more at this price point. At $79 a night, I stayed in a relatively spacious, squeaky clean room in central Glendale with plenty of in-room touches (such as storage space, work space, and numerous electrical outlets). Friendly hospitality at the front desk. Parked right outside the room -- convenient!. It's not a full-service hotel, but for a budget-friendly motor inn, I give it five stars.

Less than a minute's walk to Foxy's Restaurant (scrumptious breakfasts!). A mere five-minute walk to the Glendale Galleria and all its park-like outdoor space, food, movies, and shopping.

Oh, and I happen to like Glendale. Really like it. Scenic. Fabulous mountaintop golf at Scholl Canyon (an affordable public course). Close enough to key business points for me in the Valley, downtown L.A., and the west side.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed two nights.
Room was enough for one person, with Microwave, fridge, hairdrier, TV , small table.Shower/bathtube.
Free Wi-fi Internet access and outside swimming pool.Parking for free.
Breakfast is only donuts/fruits and coffee/tea.
Cross the street you can find the Glandale The Americana at Brand area and Target nearby.
I will come back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ciply
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We were so impressed with this hotel during our first trip to LA we decided to stay here for a second time..and for a little longer. The hotel is in an ideal location to Hollywood, Pasadena, Burbank, Los Feliz etc. Plus they have a huge shopping mall well worth seeing only one block away and during our stay they were building a huge complex similar to 'The Grove' at Fairfax, despite the building work going on outside the noise didn't bother us early morning or at night.
The only minor problem during our stay ws the telephone in our room, we had friends calling us and they couldn't get through due to an old message from the previous occupants. Sometimes when they said they had called the phone didn't even ring. When we reported this to staff they said they would sort it out, but unfortunately the problem was never resolved. It was quite confusing for our friends and a slight dissapointment for us.
But on the whole this is a very comfortable, affordable and conveinient hotel for those who want a good location for all the sights of LA. Would highly recommend for international tourists.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My family and I wanted to see L.A and Hollywood but didn't wanted to stay in a nicer/safer neighbourhood, so we chose Glendale. (Not too far from Universal Studios, Aquarium of te Pacific, or Hollywood.)

Pros:
1.) Cheap compared to other Hollywood prices ($90/night)
2.) Safe Neighborhood
3.) Convenient (A lot of places to eat and shop nearby)
4.) Big Clean bathroom
5.) Fridge, microwave, cable, coffee maker, etc.

Cons:
1.) Smalll room! (we could hardly fit out rollaway bed in the room)
2.) Had 3 tiny bugs near the bathroom, but it's the summer, it's expected
3.) Roll-away bed sagged in the middle

Compared to other places in L.A., it was the cheapest, and it had danishes and fruit as a continental breafast! We really did enjoy our stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 8, 2008

You get what you pay for,
Poor A/C - we ended up buying a fan from Target down the road. $10 well spent. You have NO CONTROL over the A/C, and if you are a brit like myself the heat is too much. The free internet also a problem, thrown off line every two minutes, night or day, it's the worse I have come across, we thought it would be OK as we were next to the office.

Location was good, next to the shopping mall, room fairly clean & tidy although the decor is abit dated. Staff that we came in contact with were polite.

Would stay there again at a push if needed, and I had the fan with me.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple