“Excellent!”

Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have stayed there many times and each time it keeps getting better Albert and his staff makes you feel like you are part of the family. Their excellent service makes me return at least twice a year to this location and every time there is a new improvement, Can't wait to see what comes up next!

Carlos Buchbinder

Room Tip: It is right across the street from the Americana which is a shopping experience
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We highly appreciate your business throughout the years, and we hope to see back soon in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Vagabond Inn - Glendale

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We do not travel always looking for the cheapest place but we are frugal. I used Trip advisor to settle on this property and booked for 4 nights, worrying that the $100 per night rate meant the place was likely a rat trap. The Google Earth pictures of the surrounding property seemed to suggest the property was bedded into a ghetto. What a wonderful surprise to find out I was wrong on all counts. The property has some nearby neighbors that are a bit seedy but the Inn was directly across the street from a huge shopping, eating and movie complex called the Americana. The rooms are not perfect, our room had small tears in the vinyl wall covering with loose fabric around the mop board in the bathroom. But it had a comfortable bed, clean replaceable duvet covers, a full tub, lots of water pressure, mic, fridge, and coffee pot. The room was VERY clean and kept clean by the maids. Front desk staff were friendly, helpful and very informative. There are some postings about adjacent room noise and no individual room thermostats for specific room temps. We did not have a room noise issue for 3 of our 4 days, then had noisy neighbors one night. The walls are not unduly thin, but the neighbors were loud. The room was a little warmer than we generally like, but it was not a problem. Given the cleanliness, friendliness, proximity to LA and Griffith park and wonderful room rates this is a place we would well recommend.

Room Tip: ground floor away from the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldpo
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. We highly appreciate your feedback because it enable us to further enhance our product and service to our guests. We hope to have you back soon at our property in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Coming in our room it smells like a sewer. It looked clean but it stank. New carpets they said. Right. Probably bec they had a flood in here from the sewers.

We called to book and the guy who booked us said dogs are okay. And we know that was the specific number for that location according to their website. Trip advisor says place is pet friendly. Well here is what they said. They are NO LONGER pet friendly because they just changed the carpets. It's 50$ per dog. No buts no no nuts no coconuts. They printed out this thing saying not dog friendly for this specific hotel. Even after we told them we called. They have not figured out who we booked it with on the phone and /or admit the mistake was on their side. They refused to waive the pet fee. Lady upfront pretty much said well we can check you out. Oh really?! So they are kicking us out bec they made mistake. Too late to find another hotel. Our dogs have to stay in the car.

Coming back from meeting our friend we were reminded again about not letting our dogs in the room. So are we under surveillance now? Should we expect a check in he middle of the night?

We are a military family who have driven from Alaska to California and Vegas and have stayed at way nicer places that do not charge 50$ pet fee. This place is crappier than any places we have been. And I'm talking the most basic inns in interior Alaska.

We have two small dogs under 25 lbs. 100$ for them for a night stay at this hole is bs. At least the car won't stink like a sewer.

We were in a rush to meet someone. We really didn't have to book in Glendale specifically but to be dropped with 100$ pet fee is something else when it was not written or were we even informed about it before giving our credit card info.

So no. Don't book here pet or no pet. Their website is confusing. Big letters saying they are pet friendly and a seedy small print to check locations (we only found out about it after they started defending themselves) . Try the Days Inn instead. Yes it's close to everything but so are the other inns in the same area. Cheaper too. I don't think I'm being unfair with the assessment of this place. I'm sitting here writing the review wishing it wasn't too late to check out bec the smell is making me gag. Asked for a room change. They asked us how bad it is. Since the smell goes away ( bec you get used to it ugh. My husband did. I didn't) he gave an option for febreeze. Makes me think they know about the stench and no matter what room it is it will be the same. Hate this place. The town is a charmer but this inn is a stinker.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ruthietheotaku
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. First, I'm sorry that you did not like the new carpet smell, however, we have to update our rooms in order to meet and exceed our guest expectations. Second, we changed our pet policy six months ago and every single employee at the hotel is familiar with our new rules. Lastly, our website clearly states that we do not allow pets at our property.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The location to this hotel is very convenient to restaurants , the gallery mall is right across the street overall it was a very nice place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone. Comfortable bed, room very clean nice staff.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ceveygo
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great stay on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay at our property. We would love to have you back soon in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Clean and nice room. All was in perfect order. Can be used both for business and holiday. Nearby a shopping mall. Just oposite a nice little square with fountain and it is possible to sit outside an eat in the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank kipketer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to have you back soon at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have stayed at this humble motel in Glendale and were very impressed and happy with it for many reasons as follow :
1- Very clean, tidy, and worth every cent we spent on it , affordable and value for money.
2- Location is very handy as it is across the road from The Americana at Brands and walking distance from the Galleria mall.
3- Very friendly staff including Albert ( The Manager ) , we have received a worm welcome , smiles on faces 24/7 and all the staff communicate in a highly professional and respectable manner.
4- Breakfast was very nice and well prepared.
5- 24/7 fresh apple, orange, juices, coffee and tea are available.
6- 24/7 free internet and printing service available.
7- Luggage storage is available , trust me nothing will go missing as they are very reliable , professional and honest people.
8- what can I say about the pool, the best of the best.
9- Glendale area is known as the most safest area in LA, we walked late hours without any problem.
10- Transportation is very easy , we even took the buses to Universal studios which cost us $ 6.00 (return ) per person.
11- You don't feel bored in the evening, the area is very lively and full of shops and restaurants.
12- the 2 fantastic places to eat nearby are : Masis at the Galleria mall food court , and Raffi's place which is about 200 meters away from this motel . the food is extremely tasty, and I bet you can't finish the meal you order , very clean and affordable, must not be missed.

I wish I could give this motel a rating higher than Excellent because it deserves it , Thank you Albert and Vagabond staff for every thing , wishing you all the best at all times.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had a great stay at our hotel and appreciate your business. I, along with my staff are anxiously waiting for your next stay at our property.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Paper thin walls. I could hear the woman next door's conversation like she was sitting next to me. Awful breakfast of stale pastries and sugary cereals. Room was adequately clean the first night only. Follow up service was awful. Skimpy on the towels unless I tracked down the housekeeper. I was chastised when I checked in for booking through a third party BookingBuddy.com and told that if I had any complaints I needed to tell BookingBuddy because the hotel couldn't do anything about it. Someone was smoking on the balcony outside my door and the smoke seeped into my room because the door seal was bad. Only good thing about the hotel is the location and proximity to great restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: January 2014
Albert R, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations, however, your feedback will enable us to further enhance our service and product to our guests.