“Cheap and cheerfull”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerfull”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had 3 nights here, mainly as Glendale was central to where we wanted to visit and the hotel was walking distance to several restaurants/shops.
The front desk staff were friendly and had lots of area information and driving directions.
The room was standard motel stuff, but this was one of the cheaper rooms around and you get what you pay for.
All in all, good location and good value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ste-Marguerite-du-lac-Masson
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Room seemed and smelled old, very noisy, not very comfortable, cancelled the rest of the week. The employee at the front desk was nice though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank decibelk
Everywhere
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Girls trip to LA and San Diego and though this one did not have many amenities I'm giving it a higher rater then the 1 I'm about to check out of
Check in: Quick and easy. Said leave the key in the room Receipt for stay given upon arrival. Pool pointed out and coffee room.
Room: I reserved a 1 bed queen room Had a fridge but no microwave. The coffee room had a microwave for use. The room is what I call surface clean. Meaning don't looking behind the bed or too closely behind the dresser at light sockets. Bedding was clean. Bad pillows though(really soft even when stacked on top of one another).
Service: I found out why the rooms are just surface clean. I stepped next door to pick up my to-go order from Foxy's(10% discount with rooom key-average food, above average price). I was gone less than 10 minutes and came back and my room had been 'cleaned'. In less than 10 minutes. Yeah right. My friends checked in a few days after me and asked for a room nearby. The receptionist called me and asked if I was paying for their room. Reiterated that we just wanted rooms near each other and she was still confused for a few minutes? Language barrier unfortunately but straightened out.
Internet service was spotty and slooooooooooooooooooow even though I was literally 2 doors away from front lobby.
Pool: Big as a large hot tub and in the shade most of the day and def late afternoon. We did not use it all
Location: Across from galleria and less than 10 minutes from Hollywood(still 25-30 buck cab ride depending what route they decide to take!!), I was pleased to be able to run across the street for misc. items.
Stay again? Maybe.. but it's not worth the 65 we paid per night. It's more on Motel 6 level of 40 bucks per night

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank davissummer24
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've stayed here numerous times when in Glendale. It's right across from the Americana shopping district and conveniently located in the middle of town. Pretty basic but good valu

The free wi-fi is a bit iffy in some of the rooms, but everything from cable TV to air conditioning works. The place is well maintained and the management nice and helpful. A bonus is that they have a deal with the restaurant next door which gives you a 10% discount.

All in all, I will continue staying there. It's a pleasant stop in my travels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Zakan_11
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This motel is involved in a major bed bug lawsuit. I think that's all I really need to say.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank Jslasor
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had an early meeting in Glendale Galleria so I decided to book a motel close by. The Rodeway Inn was the cheapest (about $60/night) and seemed decent/safe enough as I'm very familiar with the area. Whoever wrote that it is halfway decent pretty much hits the nail on the head. There's really NO reason to stay in Glendale if you're visiting L.A. unless you have a meeting close by.

The Rodeway Inn is 100% no frills. There are no amenities, no fancy lobby, no mint on the pillow. It's simply a good-enough place to rest your head for a night or two.

The room I booked was a king no-smoking and it was pretty big, bigger than I expected. There was enough room for a king bed and a desk/workstation, plus dresser drawers, a big closet area and a small-ish bathroom. The room was clean. The bed was fine though the pillows were pretty weak. There is an in-unit AC which I used the entire night. The bathroom is clean but the bathtub looks old and just a touch icky. The shower was very weak but it did its job and there was plentiful hot water.

The parking is free but the spots are small. Also, there is free wireless Internet - just ask the front desk for the password. The Internet coverage was great.

The motel is right across the street from the Glendale Galleria, the Americana, next to 7/11 and a host of other stores. It is definitely a bustling street and because the motel is right on Colorado Blvd., it is super loud. There is a lot of street noise. Plus, because there isn't a lobby or courtyard, you can hear the guests across the way if they are talking loudly. My neighbors were also pretty loud and I could hear them talking throughout the night so the walls are definitely thin.

I didn't feel ripped off for $60/night but I probably wouldn't stay here again. The noise was a little difficult to deal with and there just wasn't anything about it that would make me want to go back. The lobby clerk was very nice though. If you have to be in the Glendale area and you're only staying for a night or two, this isn't a bad alternative.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank LilMissTraveler
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We arrived very late and only stayed one night. The front desk clerk was there at check in and check out. She was very nice, and informed me that I had to pay for the room at check in. The parking lot is VERY cramped. I was in a compact car and had trouble getting in and out of there.

The room itself was OK. It seemed like this place has been there for a long time. The room was old, but clean. All the plumbing seemed to work fine, but the door to the bathroom would not stay closed. There is high speed internet, but not wireless, so only one computer at a time can utilize it. The bed was awful. Too firm and uncomfortable. There was no continental breakfast. Not even coffee in the front lobby.

I booked this room through a website and got a discount. The discounted price was not worth the stay. Not even for one night. I felt a bit ripped off.

You are walking distance from donuts, Yoshinoya, and across the street from the Glendale Galleria. A HUGE mall to serve all your spending needs. The hotel room is in a prime location, but not worth the price I paid, and certainly not worth more than $30.00 a night!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple