“Prompt Service”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed July 23, 2013

There was a glitch in the air conditioning controls. We tried every possible combination to get the unit to cool without success. Since Glendale was in the middle of a heat wave, and we had a very important meeting the next day, it was imperative that we get quality sleep. We spoke with the manager, and he immediately followed us back to our room and rectified the situation.
We could not have been more pleased with his response. This type of service has been sadly lacking in some of the other motels where we stayed. This was a refreshing change.

Nice decor, clean. Furniture is somewhat worn, with stuffing on back of desk chair falling out.
Good breakfast, love those Belgian waffles. Orange juice a little watered down. We were
most impressed by the response of staff to our AC problem. We would definitely return, and
would definitely refer our friends.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are less noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Location of this hotel is good. It was fairly quiet when we stayed there. There were several maintenance issues with the room, including leaking sink and non-operational door lock. They are tearing out the pool and spa. The owners were nice. Continental breakfast was more than adequate. Homemade waffles!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AnneMelodini
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this motel twice while visiting family in the area. Both of the rooms that we stayed in were very nice and very clean. The motel is convenient to the Interstates. Breakfast was ok, not much in the way of choices, but plenty for us. The motel is within walking distance of McDonald's and some other restaurants. Our stay was quiet, we felt safe and it served our purpose very well. We will stay again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TN_Traveler60
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice room decor .. friendly staff , great breakfast, convenient location, very clean rooms housekeeping very friendly, will be telling family and friends about this hotel will definitely be staying here again.......

Room Tip: stay in the 2 queen suite very nice room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vick p
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 09/11/12-09/12/12.
The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. The location is not to bad. My room did smell of smoke when I entered, but my bf also smokes. So I just burnt a couple of incenses and left the door open for a little while and everything was cool.

The bed was comfortable for me and the pillows were soft. I really liked the big flat screen TV and the large section of cable channels.

The breakfast looked nice and the seating area was clean and the other people were very friendly.

I would definitely come back again when I am in Glendale.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sugamyers
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was staying in Glendale for 9 days and this turned out to be a more than adequate home base for my travels. It was nice to have a fridge microwave and iron in the room. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. The pool was clean and the veranda was a nice place to enjoy my continental breakfast each morning. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank BBfromCT
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I just needed a place to crash and that is what I got. It is convenient to highways 2 and 134 and was full on my night. The parking lot is tight.There is a Ralphs just across the street. When I got to the room, the air was stale and funky. I wish I could have left the window open. It had basic necessities. The TV was nice! The TP holder was loose and the box springs of the bed were covered with a cloth that did not look appetizing. Ice is available with your room key. The staff was mixed, some friendly, some not. The breakfast was very basic. Waffles, cereal or a sweet roll. No fruit, yogurt, eggs or other options. The was a pool and jacuzzi, but I saw neither used. In all, it worked because I was not there much, except to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo