All reviewsbudget hotelgrocery store across the streetnice patiowould stay here againroom was spotlessbed and pillowsvery nice staycontinental breakfastconvenient locationnext morningrecommend this hotelcalled the front deskvery nice hoteluniversal studiosfree parkinghollywoodcereal
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I needed a reasonably priced hotel while on a business trip. Had to drive into West L.A., but hotels there are so expensive that I was willing to drive. This is a typical economy hotel, clean, simple, no frills. Good experience. Local shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. As a single woman travelling alone, I wanted to be in a safe city and safe area, and this fit the bill. Only neagative is shortage of parking spaces in the hotel lot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MLW10
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The staff was great! They were very helpful and informtive. The young lady at the desk even helped my friend and I with food options and gave us numbers and directions for places to eat near by. The room was average but the customer service and price was great! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Hotel needs major overhaul in the rooms, including paint, carpets, electrical, plumbing, etc. Just very outdated inside and out. Room seemed clean but again, needed paint badly because there were lots of wall stains and with all the other problems, you don't really know that the room is clean because of the lack of care in the other areas. We had a first floor room and the person upstains above our room seemed to be a professional dancer because the floor/ceiling to our room noise was really bad, with squeeks and cracking noise when the person went across the floor, so if you stay here, get a second floor room. If you arrive late, parking is very tight. Remodel going on to make a larger breakfast area (present breakfast was a laugh, a packaged roll and something they called coffee). A new mini-lobby going is going in with breakfast area but nothing going on toward upgrading rooms that we saw. Not the cleanest place we have stayed at either. Microwave had food stains inside. Have you ever gotten in bed and just before shutting the light, you look up at the ceiling and see slattered stains on it that looked like blood??? Well, we could in our room. We had to un-plug the refrigerator to sleep it was so loud. Price was okay but for $15 more a night we moved on to another Hotel Chain that was nicer. Only thing we can say that worked for us here was the location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. On the plus side the room was quite clean, the (wired) internet access worked well, and the staff was pleasant.

On the minus side there were simple maintenance issues: alarm clock didn't work, TV was fuzzy, mini-fridge and bathroom fan were extremely loud, one electrical outlet plate protruded from the wall and one of its outlets did not work. This is an economy motel so I don't expect 5-star standards, but management here needs to address deferred maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I've stayed here for 4 nights with my friend, and honestly, i'm very much satisfied with my stay here.. i haven't tried the swimming pool and jacuzzi because its cold that time..the breakfast is good, you can take many rolls as you want...Overall, my stay here is very good...next time i'll visit California, i'll probably stay there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)