“The Cherry On Top was the Horrible Customer Service”

Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It was late we were exhausted so we looked up the nearest pet-friendly hotel which unfortunately was The Days Inn. It was a little past midnight the front desk clerk was courteous and tried to attend to our needs but the whole process took about 20 minutes which was kind of ridiculous since no one else was there. We got to our room which smelled clean and looked freshly vacuumed so we just called it a night. The next morning I left to work and left my girlfriend and our dogs in the room. At work I booked another night since I was told I wouldn't be able to leave until our assignment was completed. I figured since the site said I wouldn't be charged until checkout that it was ok that my girlfriend was in the room without my credit card. I called just to make sure and they made it an impossible ordeal. Saying that we had been checked out at noon...it was 2:45pm and my girlfriend to my knowledge was still in the room. Well I had to leave work early and when I came back she told me she had bites on her back and she thought they were fleas. OH NO!!!!! I did not just pay $113 to get our dogs infected with fleas! We checked them and took them to a local shop who re-checked them and assured us our babies were flea-free. The pet store clerk saw her bites and said they looked like bed bug bites. Even WORSE!!!!
I returned to the hotel and told the front desk clerk who told me to not ask her to go ask housekeeping. In what world have you heard of a guest looking for a housekeeper to ask what the hotel cleaning procedure is. Yes let me go to every floor and look for a housekeepers cart and hope that the door I knock on is the one she is in, because I have nothing better to do right? A simple apology and an attempt to attend to our needs was all we asked for. In fact all we asked was to be treated like a guest. I know this isn't a four star hotel but as far as I am concerned the definition of superior customer service is the same whether you are in a one star or five star hotel. To top things off just when the clerk thought we had walked away I walk back to the desk only to hear the clerks negative opinion about us. I also had a pending charge on my account that I was questioning. The manager wasn't even able to help me with that matter. She said she was going to call me back and I never received a phone call from her. I also told her about the bites and all that did was add a name to the list of Days Inn employees that did not care.
This could have gone a different way. Up until the next day my experience was alright. We were exhausted and they provided us with a bed so we could rest. For the price well I would of been better off driving to lax where I could've got a 4 star for the same price. Parking is horrible and expect the smell of marijuana in the hallways. I was willing to give it another chance the next day but the horrible customer service made me turn away. We have sent our luggage and all our clothes to the cleaners which again was an unexpected added expense due to the possibility of bed bugs. I hope corporate or management reads this and sees to it that the staff gets the appropriate customer service training, they are in fact the people who represent the face of DAYS INN!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank wendy m
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Wendy M,
Every manager's nightmare is receiving a review as you just gave on our property. Our sincerest apologizes for your horrible experiences and treatment you recieved as a guest at the Days Inn Glendale. Thank you for your comments for it gives us opportunites to fix and enhance our hotel and staffing. I will definately spark up another training program on customer service and work with my housekeepers on keeping our rooms up to standard. Again we apologize for the horrible treatment you recieved as a guest at the Days Inn Glendale.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in town for 2 weeks on business and booked here. I was disappointed there was no minifridge in the room. I asked at the front desk if it were possible to get a room with one, but was told its an 'upgrade' and would cost more. My company can't or won't pay for that, so I was stuck. However, other hotels in the same price range provide them in all rooms. Days Inn needs to reevaluate their amenities. No fitness center...bummer.

Pros: Clean rooms for the most part, I did have one encounter with a cockroach, but I feel as if it was a fluke. Maid service was good. Clean beds too. Front desk people were nice. Although, when I complained about the WiFi was told it's because they were at capacity and it was being used a lot. (But, the entire 2 weeks it was like this!!!)

Cons I can live with: Noisy room with window overlooking pool. However, when I turned the A/C unit on, it masked the noise enough that I could sleep. In a non smoking hall, at times the hallway reeked of cigarettes...the room didn't thank goodness. The TV is old, but works.

Cons that kill it for me and will probably prevent me from booking here again: The WiFi is TERRRIBLE. IF I could get connected at all, the connection would drop every 5 minutes...and that's if it even lasted that long. I spent way too much time trying to reconnect and basically got nothing done. Very frustrating. Shower heads are made for very, VERY short people. I'm 5'11" and the shower head was chin height...so 5'5"ish? Limbo in the shower is not my idea of fun and hurts backs too. The restaurant attached to the hotel does not have good food. I had a salmon dish for dinner there and it tasted like it was rewarmed from a freezer. Breakfast was better, but its hard to mess up eggs and toast.

My 2 out of 5 may seem a little harsh, but its based on what I require while traveling. And when its advertised that you have WiFi or Internet (VERY important to a business traveler), and it never or rarely works on the property, its not only false advertising, but makes me rate low.

If you don't mind no internet access and are not tall, this is an OK property to stay at. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I see the manager responds often here. Responding is one thing, actually DOING something about the problem is better. Clearly, nothing has been done regarding the WiFi as there as been previous complains regarding it. :(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear L Michele S,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Days Inn Glendale. It disturbs me to hear these type of comments and sadden that our guest thinks that we do nothing about the problems that we have. The wi-fi system has been changed several times in the last couple of years. We are paying 8 times the amount we paid two years ago to bring better wi-fi for our guest bumping up the download and upload to 100 mega bites through fiber optics instead of the 10mega bites we used to operate on. It seems to me that the more we offer for free the more our guest use and expect. Unfortunately the guest like yourself don't get to use what we are offering becasue others are hogging up all the bandwidth. I apologize that is the experience you had while you wre here. I am calling around again to see what else we can do to enable all of our guest to have a good experience with our free wi-fi service. As we are going through our remodeling project, I am trying to get budget to make changes in our showers. Maybe this time we will be able to fix our problem with the low shower heads.
We thank you for your comments and believe this will be shared with our ownership. We do hope that you try us again in the future as we get our chance to do some remodeling so you can expereince our changes.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2013

upon reservation of room they should disclose the hotel is attached to an extended stay and you will be sharing all the amenities with the extended stay residents

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Mark H,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Days Inn Glendale having an extended stays section on the property. We hope you found all the ammenites that you needed during your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Glendale area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The TV was old, the bathroom in the non smokers room smelled of cigar or mold. The bath tub drain pulled out if the hole. There was no Continental breakfast and if there was they had not direction to it that we saw. Beds where ok but not plush. Wifi was unable to attach no direction on connections.

Dear Mathew S.,
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Glendale on your visit to Los Angeles. We are sorry to here your remarks regarding being disappointed with your stay with us. Your comments will help us become a better property by us correcting the issues that you had noticed. We apologize for not having these things taken care of prior to you arriving at our property. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that next time you are in the Los Angeles area you will give us another chance to show you our usual hospitality.
Days Inn Glendale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Econo Lodge
#12 of 20 in Burbank
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
#9 of 17 in Glendale

Been to Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles? Share your experiences!