“More like a 2.5 Don't Advertise WiFi if it hardly works.”

Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in town for 2 weeks on business and booked here. I was disappointed there was no minifridge in the room. I asked at the front desk if it were possible to get a room with one, but was told its an 'upgrade' and would cost more. My company can't or won't pay for that, so I was stuck. However, other hotels in the same price range provide them in all rooms. Days Inn needs to reevaluate their amenities. No fitness center...bummer.

Pros: Clean rooms for the most part, I did have one encounter with a cockroach, but I feel as if it was a fluke. Maid service was good. Clean beds too. Front desk people were nice. Although, when I complained about the WiFi was told it's because they were at capacity and it was being used a lot. (But, the entire 2 weeks it was like this!!!)

Cons I can live with: Noisy room with window overlooking pool. However, when I turned the A/C unit on, it masked the noise enough that I could sleep. In a non smoking hall, at times the hallway reeked of cigarettes...the room didn't thank goodness. The TV is old, but works.

Cons that kill it for me and will probably prevent me from booking here again: The WiFi is TERRRIBLE. IF I could get connected at all, the connection would drop every 5 minutes...and that's if it even lasted that long. I spent way too much time trying to reconnect and basically got nothing done. Very frustrating. Shower heads are made for very, VERY short people. I'm 5'11" and the shower head was chin height...so 5'5"ish? Limbo in the shower is not my idea of fun and hurts backs too. The restaurant attached to the hotel does not have good food. I had a salmon dish for dinner there and it tasted like it was rewarmed from a freezer. Breakfast was better, but its hard to mess up eggs and toast.

My 2 out of 5 may seem a little harsh, but its based on what I require while traveling. And when its advertised that you have WiFi or Internet (VERY important to a business traveler), and it never or rarely works on the property, its not only false advertising, but makes me rate low.

If you don't mind no internet access and are not tall, this is an OK property to stay at. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I see the manager responds often here. Responding is one thing, actually DOING something about the problem is better. Clearly, nothing has been done regarding the WiFi as there as been previous complains regarding it. :(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear L Michele S,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Days Inn Glendale. It disturbs me to hear these type of comments and sadden that our guest thinks that we do nothing about the problems that we have. The wi-fi system has been changed several times in the last couple of years. We are paying 8 times the amount we paid two years ago to bring better wi-fi for our guest bumping up the download and upload to 100 mega bites through fiber optics instead of the 10mega bites we used to operate on. It seems to me that the more we offer for free the more our guest use and expect. Unfortunately the guest like yourself don't get to use what we are offering becasue others are hogging up all the bandwidth. I apologize that is the experience you had while you wre here. I am calling around again to see what else we can do to enable all of our guest to have a good experience with our free wi-fi service. As we are going through our remodeling project, I am trying to get budget to make changes in our showers. Maybe this time we will be able to fix our problem with the low shower heads.
We thank you for your comments and believe this will be shared with our ownership. We do hope that you try us again in the future as we get our chance to do some remodeling so you can expereince our changes.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2013

upon reservation of room they should disclose the hotel is attached to an extended stay and you will be sharing all the amenities with the extended stay residents

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Mark H,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Days Inn Glendale having an extended stays section on the property. We hope you found all the ammenites that you needed during your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Glendale area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The TV was old, the bathroom in the non smokers room smelled of cigar or mold. The bath tub drain pulled out if the hole. There was no Continental breakfast and if there was they had not direction to it that we saw. Beds where ok but not plush. Wifi was unable to attach no direction on connections.

Dear Mathew S.,
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Glendale on your visit to Los Angeles. We are sorry to here your remarks regarding being disappointed with your stay with us. Your comments will help us become a better property by us correcting the issues that you had noticed. We apologize for not having these things taken care of prior to you arriving at our property. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that next time you are in the Los Angeles area you will give us another chance to show you our usual hospitality.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013