“cold water in the shower and people smoking pot in the rooms”

Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed July 28, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

So Days Inn Glendale gets the distinction of receiving my very first Trip Advisor review. Unfortunately it is a not complimentary. To be fair, I'd like to preface this by saying that we stay at this Days Inn because of it's great location, and of course you can't beat the price. The Ritz it is not but for what you pay you are centrally located and the rooms while dated have very comfortable beds, and the rooms are kept very clean. Now on to business. Our current stay there was from July 21-24, the last leg of our vacation. It started out quite great the front desk employee who checked us in, a younger lady with a Russian accent was apologetic that our reservation showed we were in a smoking room. I don't recall booking a smoking room but I'm so glad she was able to remedy the situation despite being fully booked. She gave us a choice of 4 rooms and gave us keys to all 4 so we can do a sniff test and see which room was tolerable and we found an acceptable room. I asked her if we can rent a microwave (yes everything is ala carte in these hotels) as my kids like to eat throughout the day and want their food warm. She said there was none available but that we were welcome to heat our food at the restaurant downstairs. The next day, I took her up on her offer and asked a front desk clerk named Valentina if I could heat our food as previously offered. Despite the absence of any other guests to helped she gave me an annoyed look and said that someone will come by to assist me. As I patiently paced the lobby carrying a plastic bag of food, this girl ignores me as she helps people and finally acknowledges me and says, "oh, no one has helped you yet?" DUH! I don't know what she does but she goes into a back room comes out and says again that someone should be out to help me. The young Russian lady who checked us in previously came up and I asked her if she remembered offering me to be able to heat the food and she immediately says "of course!" and proceeds to walk to what looked like a key safe behind her, I'm assuming to let me in herself. Well, this Valentina comes out and glares at here and says, someone's already coming to help me. Mind you this lazy Valentina could simply walk out of her little cubicle to help me but chooses to have me wait much longer. Forget it, I left very upset and promised they weren't going to hear the last from me. I'm so upset that I am drafting a letter to their parent company the JP Allen Company.

Dear Assumptionista,
Thank you for all of your remarks regarding your stay with us at the Days Inn Glendale. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the comforts of our hotel and the convience of our location.
We are truly sorry to hear about the way one of our staff members provided service to you our valued guest. We constantly train and remind our staff members that we are in the hospitality industry and how important it is to treat all of our guest promptly and with a smile. But most of all sincerely enjoying providing service to our guest. Once again my apologies that one of our staff members chose not to provide quality service to you our guest and we hope that your find it in your heart to stay with us again on your next trip to Glendale. I intend on having a meeting with this staff member and hope for the best results for all.
Robin Nacapoy
Days Inn Glendale

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here on business. Room was clean and well kept. Fairly quite, just a couple kids ran up the hall around 8:00pm....but by 9:00pm...it was quite rest of the night.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Bill M,
Thank you for your kind remarks about our Days Inn of Glendale. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms clean and well kept. Our staff is proud of thier work and do work hard at keeping the hotel up to par. We value these kind remarks and hope to see you again next time you are in the Glendale area.
Robin Nacapoy
Days Inn Glendale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Econo Lodge
#12 of 20 in Burbank
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
#9 of 17 in Glendale

Been to Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles? Share your experiences!