“CONVENIENT LOCATION, AVERAGE AMENITIES” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Big Bear Lake, California
“CONVENIENT LOCATION, AVERAGE AMENITIES”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the area to attend a concert at the Disney Concert Hall in Downtown LA and to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in Glendale. The hotel is centrally located to anything you would want to do in Glendale. Just a short distance from Damon's Restaurant (great steaks) and Jax (a great jazz bar). The rooms were sparcely decorated and the furnishings were worn. We asked for a non-smoking room but they gave us a smoking room anyway claiming they were full. The room smelled awful. I have stayed in worse places however, I would not stay here again unless we had something to do in the immediate area and we needed to say here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Steve C.,
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Glendale for your recent stay in our area. Our apology for not being able to accomodate you and your wife with a non smoking room. We do try our best to fufill every guest request, infortunately we fell short of accomodating your request. Again we apologize for not having fufilled your needs. Our hotel is undergoing changes with new furniture, carpeting, and wall paper on the ongoing bases. We all hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as a our guest so we may show you our ussual hospitality.
Be Well,
Days Inn Glendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Talkeetna, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Although this is an old property We again stayed for a 3 day stay. Because I had a dog we were in a smoking room.. It did not smell like smoke. It was very clean. Although the fixtures were older It still was very clean. I will stay here again. The staff did everything they could to make our stay very comfortable. The area was safe. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a smoking room on the ground floor at the far end from the entrance. There were extended sta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Bwa52,
Thank you for your remarks about your stay with us at the Days Inn of Glendale. It always bring us great joy to hear back from our guest as they enjoyed thier stay with us. We will keep working hard at keeping our guest pleased with our property. We look forward to your return.
Huntington Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Non-smoking room w/smokers nextdoor. No clock. View of pipes and cigarette butts. Room 204 was horrible

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear K S,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Days Inn Glendale. Looking over your records of your stay does indicate that the room you occupied is one of our worst rooms, view wise, and I apologize that we assigned you to that room. This goes to show that proper training with our staff in invaluable in making our guest happy and I once agian apologize that we faltered in that area. The clerk should have informed you of the rooms view prior to assigning you to that room. We hope that you give us another chance to show you our true hospitality and stay with us next time you are in the Glendale area.
Lakeport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The people at the front desk where friendly. That is the best I can say for the hotel. On 4/4/13 I got up to go to the bathroom about midnight. There was a bug on the floor. I picked it up in a towel and took it to the front desk. The man on duty said it was a cockroach. He offered use to change rooms and we would have to be on 5th floor. Wife does not like heights so we stayed in the room we had. The curtains had holes in them, the sliding glass door lock did not work, the wallpaper was peeling off in the corners and ceiling over the shower looked like it was going to fall in. We caught another bug on 4/7/13 and took to the front desk. When I checked out I asked if there would be compensation for room and was given the managers card. I call a couple of days later and asked for manager but never got to talk with him. The clerk told me they where going to take 10% off, I have not seen it. I will probably not ever stay at a Days Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Mr. George S.,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our Days Inn in Glendale. I am sorry to hear that you had a terible stay with us and you had encountered a roach in your room twice during your stay. I am disappointed that you also found those other things in the room that were not perfect. I made sure that your credit is issued as promised to you by our staff. I apologize that this was not done as of this date and thank you for pointing out our shortcommings in taking care of our guest. This sure is a wakeup call to make sure our rooms are in the best shape possible and that we take care of our guest needs not just being freindly to our guest. We invite you to try us once more to see our true hospitality on your next visit to Los Angeles.