“More than decent; Less than stellar; Still, very nice”
Review of Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 461 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glendale, California
“More than decent; Less than stellar; Still, very nice”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I guess you can see that I'm torn, so I'm going to be right up front with my thoughts on Bourbon Steak. It was good, we were treated well, and I enjoyed the experience. However, at this point for me, a nearly $300 dinner for two needs to include more than good food and nice service to really make me stand up and applaud.

That's what you want to do after getting that check. And believe me, I've done it. I love knowing that I dropped $400 on a meal that I will never forget. Not so much when my dinner the following night at Gladstones was just as good, and a quarter of the cost.

So maybe the idea here is that, yes its good, but its not quite worth the price. Or, perhaps its that something was missing.

And know that it was not for a lack of trying.

We ordered a starter, I had oysters, we split a whiskey tasting that was smoked with essence pairings tableside, we spoke with two different sommeliers (wine and spirits). I ordered two different cocktails (sending the first back), my wife had two different glasses of wine. I feel that we gave the menu and the restaurant as a whole a great chance to dazzle, to amaze, to impress.

Maybe its the steak house theme, which is a narrow and maybe even tired genre.

Again, everything was nice, the food was good, the servers and other staff were very nice. But I'm not racing back there anytime soon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Seanemac007

los angeles
“Great dinner”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had the most amazing dinner. First I will start by saying the restaurant is very nice and was seated promptly even though it was a Saturday night and the place was full. The food was amazing and the service was absolutely incredible. My husband had the bourbon steak and it was so tender. The waiters made sure we were happy and had everything we needed. I will definetly be back very soon.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank winetraveler23
Oxnard, California
“Opening Week”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I got reservations for the Opening Week of this new restaurant. There were some major mistakes in the service and delivery of the food, but the food it self was excellent. The wait staff tried to be very attentive and had a great disposition, they were a pleasure. The starter course was forgotten by the waiter... replaced with two complementary tastes from the kitchen. Both were good but I did want to see how the salads were prepared. The main course, steaks, were served hot and juicy and melt in your mouth tender. Desserts here are unique and made by hand, they looked great.

I can't wait to go back soon.

• Visited April 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“Great food and service @ this new spot in Glendale”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Glendale sorely needed a new restaurant and they got it! Really nice spot - cool bar, excellent steak - had the tomahawk wagyu strip and excellent service. Pricey, but worth it!

• Visited April 2014