“Ayham Omar”

Hotel Xilo Glendale
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have enjoyed my stay in this motel so much ... I was looking for a clean , safe and affordable motel till I move to my new aprt. And Glen Capri was the one .. Mr. Raman Mehta and his wise misses Koki were so kind to me , they even helped me with aprt search , over all , Glen Capri has a great location , close to many malls and restos , and the service is awesome with an affordable price .

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ayham I
There are newer reviews for Hotel Xilo Glendale

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night using Priceline. I was greeted by the owner through bullet proof glass. The location is centrally located in Glendale which is not at all a bad neighbourhood with shopping and food nearby. The owner was not all that friendly and complained about it being a priceline booking as they charge him high fees. He told me to book with him directly next time. The room smelled strongly of urine. I'm usually ok if a non smoking room smells slightly of smoke but this room smelled strongly like a public bathroom. I could not get a good night sleep due to this. I did inform the owner who said oh well. He did nothing to remedy the situation. I guess once he had my money with a prepaid priceline reservation he didn't really care.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere or bring nose plugs and a hazmat suit
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oiboy
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When they say you get what you pay for, this is it ! I had minimum expectation when I booked the hotel last minute as all the places I know near the area which were my preference were all sold out or fully booked. I had Glen Capri and another small hotel nearer to Americana at Brand in mind but when I compared the amenities, this one caters to the simplest detail better like iron and board, hair dryer, etc., which the other one that I am looking at were not very clearly stated. I read all the reviews on this property and I was surprised that it's better than how some has actually described it. The surrounding area is mostly private houses, apartment buildings, a church, a Govt. building and a Payless Store. It's 5 minutes walk to Americana. My Niece and I went about shopping, gallivanting and came back very late in the night sometimes walking and never had a mishap. Yes the rooms are outdated but they are clean, comfortable, we had fresh beddings and towels everyday. The Front Desk is quite accommodating with our needs from late check-out to extra towels. There has always been a maid in the premises and they were courteous. It was not as noisy as I have read in some of the reviews considering that we opted for a 1st floor room because of heavy luggage from my Niece. Guest are in and out during our stay especially in the night but it never bothered us. Beds are comfy, we slept well. Overall Glen Capri have given us a most pleasant experience on a budgeted hotel.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs and time of vacation, choose a room on the second floor if you're a ligh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank JTCGreen
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I travel to California every month for couple of nights and I stay at Glen Capri Inn & Suites located at 326 East Colorado Street, Glendale, CA 91205 I am very pleased with their location and rates. I would highly recommend Glen Capri Inn & Suites to anyone who travels to that location. Thank you

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Edmond H
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I entered this review a little while ago, WHen I got teh confirmation email back I realized I had the wrong Glen Capri, which may account for the wide variations in reviews. This is for the one on Colorado Street, not San Frenando. On short notice AAA booked 4 nights at this "motel" for a total of $828 over New Year's. It has a 3 diamond rating from them. We arrived about 9 PM. The desk clerk was rude and there were dirty towels hanging from the back of his chair. He charged the full amount to my credit card then told me the room was second floor with no ADA accommodations. My friend and I lugged two 50# suitcases up two flights of stairs, past what looked like a hooker sitting at the top who refused to get out of the way. The room was to be a double. It stunk and was filthy. Apparently it must have been a "suite" in the past - kitchenette, etc. But now they had shoved in a second double bed perpendicular to the first. There was a cot, two refrigerators [one of which did not work] and a big plasma TV. The floors and bedspreads were at least 25 years old and dirty. Pictures to prove it. The plaster in the bath was falling off. While I tried to get us out of there my friend was in the room on the phone making other arrangements. She thought she saw a drug deal go down. And there was a string of police and emergency vehicles that went by. I am not a hotel snob but I have never seen such a poorly managed property. My friend got us 4 nights at the Glendale Hilton for $50 more total, for the room. We did have to pay $76 for self parking. But at least we knew the car would be there and intact in the morning. AAA gives the Hilton 4 diamonds. There is no comparison. DO not stay at this facility and do not believe anything they say on their website. I will be sorting this out with AAA tomorrow. I want my $103 back that they kept for "late cancellation."

Room Tip: Choose another place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank debbe s
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've stayed in this place for 4 nights at the end of August and I am surprised about the latest reviews.. Our stay was perfect!
The manager is very polite and helpful, he helped us with directions, prints and anything we've asked. The room was very very clean, no bed bugs at all, no smells, the bed was comfortable and we did not heard noises at all.
The area is good, shops around and there is a street 5 minutes far full of restaurants. And there is a entrance to the parkway less than 10 minutes far from the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were supposed to stay in a Best Western, but the manager called to say there was some sort of issue with the pipes, and offered to help us find a new place. Which I thought was a kind gesture, until we arrived at the "new place"...

The woman at the front desk seemed perfectly nice, except she was disappointed that we didn't pay cash and insisted we pay up front. (which always makes you feel comfortable...) The room was definitely bug infested. It was very loud even with the window closed, smelled bizarre and absolutely wasn't worth the price. The very next night we found a hotel room for the same rate on one of those discount sites that was frankly about a million times nicer. It's not the worst place we've ever stayed, but should be a lot cheaper for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple