“Totally disgusting”

Hotel Xilo Glendale
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I entered this review a little while ago, WHen I got teh confirmation email back I realized I had the wrong Glen Capri, which may account for the wide variations in reviews. This is for the one on Colorado Street, not San Frenando. On short notice AAA booked 4 nights at this "motel" for a total of $828 over New Year's. It has a 3 diamond rating from them. We arrived about 9 PM. The desk clerk was rude and there were dirty towels hanging from the back of his chair. He charged the full amount to my credit card then told me the room was second floor with no ADA accommodations. My friend and I lugged two 50# suitcases up two flights of stairs, past what looked like a hooker sitting at the top who refused to get out of the way. The room was to be a double. It stunk and was filthy. Apparently it must have been a "suite" in the past - kitchenette, etc. But now they had shoved in a second double bed perpendicular to the first. There was a cot, two refrigerators [one of which did not work] and a big plasma TV. The floors and bedspreads were at least 25 years old and dirty. Pictures to prove it. The plaster in the bath was falling off. While I tried to get us out of there my friend was in the room on the phone making other arrangements. She thought she saw a drug deal go down. And there was a string of police and emergency vehicles that went by. I am not a hotel snob but I have never seen such a poorly managed property. My friend got us 4 nights at the Glendale Hilton for $50 more total, for the room. We did have to pay $76 for self parking. But at least we knew the car would be there and intact in the morning. AAA gives the Hilton 4 diamonds. There is no comparison. DO not stay at this facility and do not believe anything they say on their website. I will be sorting this out with AAA tomorrow. I want my $103 back that they kept for "late cancellation."

Room Tip: Choose another place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank debbe s

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've stayed in this place for 4 nights at the end of August and I am surprised about the latest reviews.. Our stay was perfect!
The manager is very polite and helpful, he helped us with directions, prints and anything we've asked. The room was very very clean, no bed bugs at all, no smells, the bed was comfortable and we did not heard noises at all.
The area is good, shops around and there is a street 5 minutes far full of restaurants. And there is a entrance to the parkway less than 10 minutes far from the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were supposed to stay in a Best Western, but the manager called to say there was some sort of issue with the pipes, and offered to help us find a new place. Which I thought was a kind gesture, until we arrived at the "new place"...

The woman at the front desk seemed perfectly nice, except she was disappointed that we didn't pay cash and insisted we pay up front. (which always makes you feel comfortable...) The room was definitely bug infested. It was very loud even with the window closed, smelled bizarre and absolutely wasn't worth the price. The very next night we found a hotel room for the same rate on one of those discount sites that was frankly about a million times nicer. It's not the worst place we've ever stayed, but should be a lot cheaper for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank charmed3687
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let me begin with saying that my husband and I are avid travellers and over the years we have lived in all kinds of situation. However, this particular place stands out in many ways than one. As I reached this hotel I was greeted in a friendly way which I liked but then when I saw the room it just disgusted me to the core. I mean the carpets were smelly, the restroom was terrible. On top of that the bed sheets gave this odor that kept us all up all night. Also, my toddler was playing with the phone to which the staff just barged in saying she was calling 911 (really she is two and can't recognize numbers or letter). This ticked me off. I mean it was not his home to just shove his way in and do what he wanted. But I guess that's the downside of being an Indian. We are always taken for granted by our own people. What a nightmare! I plead others to think a 100 times before choosing this hotel. I wish I could undo this from my memory forever!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank roopache
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is filthy n filled with HUGE bed bugs!!! Not to mention that service was CRAP!! N even with the filthy bed bugs the owner refuses to do a refund or offer any service to make up for it.. Don't go here especially if u have children!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Asianga
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ended up here after driving for 6hrs looking for a place to stay we where all over anaheim,LA ,hollywood area and couldnt find vacancy in any hotel/motel in the area , finally drove up here found a room that had room for all of us (5 adults & 2 kids) we got the room at a great price just for the night and ended up staying two nights (went to hollywood walk of fame one day And the next to universal studios)and we got another room above the pool ,rooms are very clean and very nice big tv normal size microwave and a small fridge for your food we will defenetly come back here for our future trips to the area everything is very close by 10-15 min drive , the staff is very helpful ,loved it!!!! Hidden gem

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for 1 month and find this place to be good. Mr. Mehta and his staff are very friendly and responsive. They made my stay comfortable and facilities are good enough for a stay for this period. The Internet facility needs better attention. Wireless is poor, but if you can manage wired then it is good. The rooms are clean and every day cleaned. Micorwave and small fridge are enough to take care of your needs. It is value for money compared to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business