“Good hotel and reception” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street

Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Bangalore
“Good hotel and reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for 1 month and find this place to be good. Mr. Mehta and his staff are very friendly and responsive. They made my stay comfortable and facilities are good enough for a stay for this period. The Internet facility needs better attention. Wireless is poor, but if you can manage wired then it is good. The rooms are clean and every day cleaned. Micorwave and small fridge are enough to take care of your needs. It is value for money compared to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location in downtown Glendale (and about half the price of motels in Pasadena where we were visiting family). The outside looks rather dated, but the room was quite nice and clean. Just two fairly minor downsides during our 2-day stay - the parking lot is really tight and limited, and the swimming pool was unheated and really cold, even when it was 90 outside in June! But for the value and easy walking distance to downtown stores and restaurants, it was well worth the weekend stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

There are two Glen Capri hotels, and this one feels MUCH safer than the other which we mistakenly went to first. There's nothing wrong with this place, and nothing special either.

Best part is the mini-fridge and microwave (although we didn't use 'em) and the worst is the little packets of shampoo which can't be torn open in the shower -- you need to get a knife or scissors and open it up BEFORE getting in the shower!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This Motel/hotel is located in the downtown of Glendale and close to the shopping malls and good restaurants. It is walkable to the business districts.

The Motel has clean rooms, with facilities of Microwave and Refrigerator.

This is a good hotel which is really value for money and the staffs hospitality is appreciable

Ravichander.N

Room Tip: Rooms with Ktichenette cabinet is very good if you are travelling as couple or with children.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The majority of mid-level motel reviews drive me nuts. I end up trying to decipher who is more trustworthy: the five-star fan or the freaked-out naysayer warning me to stay away because of a musty hallway, dated furniture or thin shower curtain.

When I travel on a budget, I try and balance cost with expectation. I'm usually there for a concert or nearby attraction and am just looking for a safe, clean place to lay my head before heading home the following day. A warm shower and a hot breakfast are nice bonuses, but certainly not deal breakers. I assume the walls will talk. But does the fridge stay cold? Do the lights work? Are there enough places to park?

Anyone trying to find a decent motel in Los Angeles soon learns that few global destinations prove so challenging. The majority of offerings require either Hollywood connections or previous experience sleeping in a cardboard box. Between the Ritz and Fleabag, surely there has to be a decent, convenient mid-range offering.

For my money, this is it.

Facts are facts. At this pricepoint, anyplace you choose will be a tradeoff. Here's why the Glen Capris is my new go-to LA destination:

1) Access access access. In fifteen minutes, I can be at Staples Center, the Roxy, the Troubadour or any new club that pops up around trendy Silverlake. Brilliant.

2) Ample free parking

3) Free -- actually free - WIFI

4) The opportunity for early check-in. I was told that rooms could become available as early as 11 AM depending on occupancy. 11 AM is the checkout time.

5) Walkable distance to a grocery store, 7-11 and a mall. A Whole Foods is less than 1/2 mile away.

6) A hot shower, a cold fridge and strong air conditioner/heater

Tradeoffs:

1) The kingsize bed is hard as a rock. If you like firm mattresses, this may be a plus. If you prefer plush, your back will bark. Consider that in advance.

2) Covers, pillows and towels are thin. Not dealbreakers, but next time I'm tossing in a few pillows from home. Obviously not an option if traveling from afar.

3) No breakfast

4) Byzantine reservation "system." For me, this comes the closest to pushing my buttons. But depending on how you look at it, this might be even be a benefit. In any case, you need to know what you're getting into before you book a room.

There are THREE locations within a relatively short distance from the Colorado Boulevard site where we stayed. Prices vary among all three, the cheapest being the northerly one closer to Burbank than Glendale. Be sure to book the one you really want.

Normally I find my motels through a service such as Orbitz, Hotels.com or Travelocity. In this case, I reserved the room through the Glen Capris website. Know in advance that you are not paying for the room but merely reserving it. THE HOTEL WILL HOLD YOU TO THE PRICE AND NOT ACCEPT ANY DISCOUNTS EVEN THOUGH AN AAA SIGN IS CLEARLY POSTED.

How can they not give me the AAA discount when my card had not been charged? I was told that's just the way it works. If I want the discount, I should have booked through AAA or an alternative site. Making matters worse, I attempted to enter my AAA number on the Glen Capris website and it was not accepted. I figured they would deduct the discount when I arrived and checked in. NOT TRUE!

Customer service will vary depending on when you call. I believe that everyone I spoke with was friendly, but on one call in particular, English became an issue.

Why am I giving the Glen Capris four stars then? I returned for a second stay and plan to come back again and again. It all comes back to access.

Music is a driving force in our lives. When we venture into the jungle, it's usually because we're attending concerts, often over multiple nights. I love knowing I'll have a dependable room close by at the end of the night and a hot shower when I wake up.

I know how the reservation system works now. I can always bring my own towel or pillow. The mattress may still be a little rough, but it's okay for a night or two. And the walls, in our experience, were not THAT thin. We plead guilty and hope we weren't somebody else's reason to write a bad review.

Best of luck and happy travels. Let the music guide you..,.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised when the door to your room is already open when you arrive. It shocked us at...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mattermind
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for a thrifty guy like me until the neighbor left his TV on all night and I found out how thin the walls are. Otherwise a nice, quiet, clean, comfortable great deal. Newly remodeled bathroom and area outside it. Comfy bed. Good tv. Good location. Walked to the movies in the Vegas-esque Americana mall.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Amelia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We recently visited our grandchildren as we love to do. Once again we chose to stay at the Glen Capri Inn,Colorado Street because it fills all of our needs. It is clean, comfortable and priced right. Mr.Mehta,the manager, solves any issue we may have almost immediately.
We are so happy to have a go to place to stay. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple