“Confused by reviews”

Hotel Xilo Glendale
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was hoping for nice one night stay by myself and encouraged by all the positive reviews. However upon arrival, I was really disappointed. The door to my room had been left was wide open; I was told they did that to "air it out" after cleaning. However was 99 degrees in Glendale and the A/C had not been turned on and was also next to a room with at least 4 children. Not exactly inviting! I asked for another room and they were most polite and handed me a key to a room in the upstairs corner. It was dark with a small window and had a refrigerator that had not been used in awhile and was very smelly, a disconnected smoke alarm with the wires hanging out, the A/C also had wires hanging down near the bed and the bedspread smelled musty---the phone was blinking and we were told to put a towel over it if it would bother me. The parking lot was full of kids playing and I just decided it was not for me---they again were very polite and insisted on showing me yet another room way in the back corner with a jacuzzi but it reeked of smoke. I decided it was not the place for me ---they were very upset and tried hard to have me stay at another facility they own, or see more rooms, and did not seem to listen when i told them it was just not the right place for me. They are all very nice and tried very hard to please---I suggest some new standards of upkeep and cleaniliness.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Xilo Glendale

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hard to believe I could get a room at this price in the LA area. I was skeptical at first but only needed the place for a quick 8 hours. The communication was a bit challenging so you will have to be patient. I found the room to be very clean and no smell. Beds were comfortable and the room was updated recently. I always go for the 2nd fl in a motel to avoid noise and general safety. The only minor issue was "dated" towels but were clean.

Room Tip: Second floor (only two) is the best choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

good service and best quality stay and affordable! The person in charge "Raman" is very nice and hospitable as well as the staff. It is a nice place to stay in and has good wi-fi and good cable tvs to relax into.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very clean, very helpful, wifi, safe neighborhood - hotels can be expensive in LA. This is a real good priced hotel. The only thing in LA is, if it 10 miles away from where you want to be, that is 45 minutes of driving ! Ugh

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Was there for my trip to L.A last mth and was very pleased with the service and the way the manager Mr Raman treated us which makes us feel really at home!Myself and my wife would definitely prefer to stay there and also would recommend our friends and relatives for their upcoming trip to los angeles!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to this hotel for more than a couple years. So when an oppertunity to do a kind thing for a good friend came up we jumped on it. We know a good person wo has just hit a run of bad luck and now lives in a garage. I felt he needed a hand up and just a night in a nice comfy room,take a dip in the pool, get a hot shower, hot bath, sleep and a nice bed with comfortable beds. What place has super maids who gladly give you extra towels, and pillows if you need them? Who has all this? Glen Capri Colorado Street ofcourse!

We are leaving the state for Montana and I wanted to give this person who has been very helpful to us a helpful hand back. When we went to get the room the manager Raman Mehta saw us coming and was happy and smiling as always. He tries to give you what every room you want but this place is popular. So try and book early with a reservation if you can.

I got an upstairs room and wireless is wonderful. That room was multi tasking all night long. My friend watching cable on the very large LG flat screen TV for the first time since he became homeless 3 months ago. I was watching Phantom of the Opera on my ITunes on my labtop with earphones. On top of that as a goodbye gift we gave our friend a 4th gen i touch refurburished from gamestop. Problem!!! I could not get it online. Not a problem!! Ethos the Internet service that handles Glen Capri are SUPER!!! on customer service and tech support. I was off and running after getting on the phone with them in less than 7 mins.

I set-up my friend's I Touch email account, Itunes account, downloaded existing music and apps.Whew!!!! Then I had to teach him how to use it. In the end I think I drank 4 Monsters that night.At 6am in the morning I turned in my keys to my Mr Mehta explained my friend was still sleeping but would be up and out by 10:30 am. So I would not only recomend this place but yes I have paid for my friends to stay there. Have a great day. Check out this place.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms just makeit so you avoid walking up the stairs but all the rooms are the same as as...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I just finished spending a week and 3 days at the Glen Capri. The management was very courtious and polite, especially the manager, Mr. Raman Mehta.

Our room was clean and very comfortable, with two double beds, a big screen T.V. with cable capability, and free Wi-Fi for our computer, used constantly by my 14 year old son.

The rooms were well insulated, so little noise was heard from outside. The neighborhood was mostly quiet at night.

I highly recomment this hotel and their wonderful staff. We had a fine time.

S. Hershfield and family:-)

Room Tip: Speak to management...very accommodating.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family