“Room clean but no amenities for kitchenette”

Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Room clean but no amenities for kitchenette”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed there for 8 nights and asked for the kitchenette and for sure it hadn't been used for a long time as it was dirty. The manager was very helpful but we received dirty cookingware from a storage area. The manager told us he had lent the cooking stuff to the other hotel. Difficult to communicate with the owners as they are not able to speak english very well. It would be ok to stay there for a couple of nights. On a good note we had lots of towel, hot water and a clean, comfortable bed. Also a very good location close to everything and it was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My teenage son and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel while my son was involved in an activity at Griffith Park. It is clean, neat, and comfortable. The plugs and data ports are right where you need them, it has a reliable wireless network, and it has a desk as well as a table, so it was perfect for me to work while he was out. Having the fridge and microwave makes it easy to bring food, which is great for me as I have some severe food allergies.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Patticru
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed one night at the Glen Capri Hotel in February 2011. We paid cash, and it cost $70 for two people, which I thought was reasonable. I made the reservation on the phone and didn't give a credit card or any information except for my name and cell phone number. I received a call on the morning of our arrival to confirm we were actually coming. They have a website, but there's no way to make a reservation online.

The hotel is located in a convenient location near the heart of Glendale. We requested a non-smoking room, but we didn't get one. The room smelled like smoke. When we arrived a window was open to air it out, which helped some. The bathroom has been updated and they provided nice toiletries. Someone had burned cigarette holes on the toilet lid. My daughter called the room "sketchy", and I'd have to agree with her. It was an okay place to spend one night, but if I need to stay in that area again, I'd try a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LikesToTravel333
Glendale
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The room was clean and the service was excellent. The staff really works hard to make it comfortable and to satisfy their customers. Nice location is a bonus.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Eureka, California
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I booked three nights here but left after one when the cleaning guy admitted to stealing a twenty when I was out of the room. Then the manager assured me I would not be charged for the remainder of my stay as long as I wouldn't leave a bad review. When I left he went and charged my card anyway. The place is old and it stinks. Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank houndflower

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is a great place to stay, conveniently located and very good for the price. The walls and doors are a bit thin but nothing some ear plugs couldn't fix.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank daiTurbo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Two words...Hot Tub!!!

This was a sweet room with a comfortable bed, a beautiful large flat screen television and that lovely, heart shaped hot tub that my friend and I enjoyed in the morning before we left.

It was a pleasure meeting Mr. Raman Mehta. The coffee and the newspaper in the morning is also a nice touch. I would definately stay there again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple