“Perfect choice for our LA visit”
Review of Hotel Brandwood

Hotel Brandwood
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I chose a hotel in Gelndale as it was equidistant from 2 bars and a music venue that we were planning to visit on a short trip to LA. We pulled up at the back of the Brandwood and it looked a bit like a dodgy alleyway, but the hotel turned out to be really lovely. I ran inside to ask about parking and a very nice staff member ran upstairs to get me a parking pass while I waited downstairs. Free parking at the Bank of America was a real asset. When we checked in, we were explained about the back entrance which made travel to/from the parking lot very easy. I was a bit worried at first because our room was right next to the rear entrance/exit but we didn't hear any noise at night (although we are not early to bed so can't speak for earlier in the evening). The room was perfect for our needs. Clean with a comfy bed, nice furniture, working free wifi and good coffee. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank s_scarnera

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed for one night. It is upstairs with no elevator. The parking was around back in the Bank of America lot which we didn't know so we needed to move the car. No big deal but would of been nice to know in advance after you book. The room was small but adequate for a nights stay. The staff was very nice and friendly! Anything other than a nights stay and it would be too small.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Noisy drunken guests everywhere. I could not get any sleep. The walls are very thin. The doors slam on the rooms. The bed was lumpy. The blinds do not block out the street lights. The A/C is ridiculously noisy. The front reception staff were rude. Plus I could here the disco downstairs all night. Be warned do not stay here unless your a partier.

Not a place for a family stay or to do business trips.

Overall I should give it zero stars but the parking was free

Room Tip: The website makes it look fancy but it is a dump with drunks everywhere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John W
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was my first trip to Los Angeles and I didn't know that Glendale was such a great place to stay. After much research, I found the Brandwood Hotel and the reviews were positive. So, I decided to stay there - glad I did! It is close to Americana (great shopping), Panera, Hollywood Productions and Starbucks... all within walking distance. There are a lot of other restaurants around too, but I only had 3 days to explore all of LA.

All in all - if you are looking for something family friendly and beautiful - Brandwood Hotel in Glendale is a great choice. Oh, and the room was fine - bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom was small with a little aged look. But, honestly, that was not a problem for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend. We wanted to be in a good walking part of Glendale, and this is really the best choice for that. The rooms are small but clean, cute, and comfortable. This is obviously a very old hotel they have remodeled which makes it kind of cool, but also means there are going to be some quirks. The first quirk is that the lobby is up a very steep set of stairs and there is no elevator yet--they assured me that is forthcoming and they obviously were doing some work on the place. The second is that there are some noise issues. There is a jazz club downstairs and we thought we were hearing that on our first night. The front desk staff claimed it was coming from elsewhere. That is plausible, because there are other clubs in the area, but it sounded like it was coming from downstairs. We heard music the second night too. Happily, the music didn't actually interfere with our getting sleep--either it ended early or we were exhausted or both. Also we got an upstairs neighbor our second night and you could hear movement and water noises (just like in an old house). If I had spent 2 sleepless nights there I'm sure I would be writing a very different review, but I actually liked this place. They should try to do a little bit of soundproofing and the addition of the elevator will allow more people to enjoy their stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you can take the stairs and don't want to hear your upstairs neighbo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed three nights. Small room but adequate. Very clean. Really enjoyed the staff. Great location in the heart of Glendale. Had dinner downstairs at Jax Bar & Grill. Good food, good music. Overall very positive experience. I'll stay here next time.

Room Tip: Stairs only. No elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We enjoyed our 6 night stay at Brandwood very much. The rooms are well decorated with modern wood furniture and brushed stainless fittings, the bed is very comfortable, the arconditioner works very well, and the bathroom has practical. An absolute bonus is that there is a washing machine and dryer next to the ice machine just behind the front desk which is fabulous if you're away from home for a long time as we were. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our room was lovely and quiet with no traffic noise, and occasionally you could hear some footsteps above or the odd bump next door but the aircon was enough to muffle that. Google street view currently shows a cafe and jazz grill bar below the hotel, however the cafe is gone and the hotel is apparently going to use that space to put in an elevator. The hotel is situated right next to banks and a dozen or more cafes, restaurants and bakeries, and you can get a bus two blocks away straight to the Hollywood walk of fame area. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is a jazz bar and grill underneath the hotel so try and get a room not right at the front. We...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple