“Quiet, clean, quality, great location in Glendale”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Brandwood

Hotel Brandwood
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Cambria, California
“Quiet, clean, quality, great location in Glendale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was our second stay at the Brandwood Hotel and we will be back. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel this quiet in the middle of a busy city. It's so comfortable and clean, with quality amenities. If you're tired of the large chain hotels, the Brandwood Hotel is charming and right in the heart of Glendale. After a busy day, we returned to the Brandwood and walked down the street to an Argentinian restaurant and had an excellent dinner. Next door to the Brandwood is Jax and we poked our head in to hear great jazz music. Didn't take a seat and stay because it had been a long day... Back to our room, hot bath, comfy bed, quiet night's sleep. (Oh yea, great TV and HBO for my husband and free internet access for me.) We will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Patricia G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a very clean hotel. The staff was friendly and had good restaurant suggestions. The location was great. The only downside was that there is no elevator.

Room Tip: top floor, end of hall
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TNroadwarrior54321
San diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

This hotel says it was renovated yet we saw nothing updated here. The air conditioner was so loud we couldn't sleep. The room was very small and the air conditioner was necessary for air circulation. Location was convenient but it wasn't worth the price. They wouldn't honor my AAA discount which was not available online! You have to exit into an alley to get to the parking lot. The staff was friendly but the hotel needs a real renovation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Marilyn M
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood, which is about a 10 minute drive away. The decor and general look and feel of the hotel makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time into the 1920s. It's definitely charming and romantic. The location is fantastic! There are lots of cafes and restaurants within walking distance and plenty of places to shop. Contrary to many other reviews here, there are not "lots and lots of stairs". It's 2 flights if you enter through the rear entrance and one flight if you enter through the front entrance.

Hotel guests may park on top of the Bank of America parking garage that is behind the hotel. I did request a room on the top floor when I booked online as I had read many reviews that stated that the jazz club downstairs (JAX) can be noisy to those staying on the first floor. My request was not granted, however, we had a very comfortable stay on the first floor and did not hear any noise from the club. This could be due to the fact that we stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night, but it was very quiet for those nights. We enjoyed being right there in the city and walking to the restaurants in the area; including Porto's Bakery & Cafe, which is a good breakfast spot. Don't expect everything to be perfect. The rooms might be a bit smaller than other hotels & the floors might creak a little, but the Brandwood provides a unique and comfortable experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JHunter26
West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

The hotel is down the street from Portos a great Cuban, inexpensive restaurant. Great food! A few more blocks and you are at so many stores - two great malls, more restaurants, a movie theater!

The hotel itself was comfortable, the bed soft, lots of pillows, clean, great service. You have to check out by 11:00 or they do call at 11:05! Parking is free around back in outside parking garage second floor, uncover (so if it is raining you will get wet - not usually an issue in SoCal), Lots and lots of stairs. Ask for second floor, we had 206, the a/c was like a 747 each time it turned on, but then it cut out the noise from the neighbors. Weekends lots of folks but pretty quiet after 10:30.

They do charge $100 to your credit card and if no issues rebate it back. It states in the room if you don't take the towels etc. that was a first. Since we just checked out this am have not seen it back on my card yet.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to a friend we paid around $97 a night for a king through booking. Com but not a holiday week.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Holly K
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I traveled alone and without a car to Glendale for a memorial. I found this hotel to be quite satisfactory.
As others have noted, you must climb a flight of stairs to reach the reception area--hence the one half in the hotel's address. When I arrived, some noisy construction work was being done, but when I asked for a more quiet room than the one first offered, I found myself in one, though up another flight of stairs. As a single, I had adequate space for my clothes and everything. The room and bathroom were immaculate. I stayed over a weekend, and heard a thumping bass from the club next door while trying to sleep....but after about an hour, it mysteriously stopped!
Best of all, this place is located in the heart of Glendate. I was literally two blocks away from the restaurant where the memorial was being held and three blocks away from my friend's apartment. The busy street where the Brandwood is located is full of restaurants, cafes, shops, theaters, and even some big, big name stores.
When I was there, there was a computer for guests' use in the reception area, and the staff person at the desk printed out my boarding pass for me.
Good value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the noise of the club.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ann S
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Brandwood Hotel is a European style hotel with friendly American service conveniently located in downtown Glendale. By European-style, I mean the rooms are small for Americans. There is a desk, dresser and armoire (no closet). There is plenty of room to stow your luggage. The bathroom was clean and nicely remodeled. It has a pedestal sink so there is limited counter space, but there is a large full length mirror in the room next to the dresser as well. Our room had nice natural light from two windows and was extremely quiet at the back of the building. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. Parking was easy and convenient in the structure behind the building. Porto's Bakery is a few doors down and better than any continental breakfast. We will always stay at the Brandwood when we visit the Glendale/Burbank area. If you pack way too much stuff and have a heavy suitcase that you can't carry then this hotel is not for you — you must climb stairs to enter the hotel. For me it was an excuse to eat an extra pastry at Porto's.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back and we did not hear any noise from the nightclub downstairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family