“Wonderful, but very noisy.”
Review of Hotel Brandwood

Hotel Brandwood
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Santa Clara, California
“Wonderful, but very noisy.”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Small but very nice rooms. Clean, new fixtures wonderful, but beware, we were in room 106 and the king size bed is U shaped and we rolled (asleep) to the center each night.

A very, very steep and long set of stairs to get to the hotel, rooms, reception on the 2nd floor.

The walls are paper thin. We could hear the thump of the music from the club downstairs, and the water running in the shower in the next room VERY LOUDLY like we were there with them.

The A/C / heater unit is very LOUD.

I really liked the locaiton and the room, but the noise part will make me stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DonaldTanner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Just like another reviewer, the hotel is not for everyone. I had a very heavy suitcase and 2 laptop briefcase which had to be lugged up may steep stairs, but to be fair when I left, a nice guy carried them down for me. The room was clean but much different than a typical hotel room, quite small and not too fancy. That being said, the hotel is in a fantastic location with many shops and places to eat or drink. The location is charming! The hotel is a welcome change from the typical boring hotel I usually stay.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank MinneapolisPatrick
Glendale, California
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My Partner and me needed a place to stay after the New Year. Brandwood Hotel from the start were very professional and efficient. They made us feel comfortable and satisfied that our stay would be pleasant. I'm from Fresno and my Partner's from Maryland, so this was a mini-vacation for us. Glendale is beautiful and we adore this hotel. It has a cozy feel, and our room was very stylish and up to date. The hotel is close to a lot of good restaurants, bars, and a nightclub. This is our hotel of choice from now on! Thank you all at Brandwood Hotel for leaving a good lasting impression on us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank venuseyes
Northern California
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I'm kinda on the fence on this one... This hotel could be just great for some, and not so great for others...depends on what is important to you in a hotel. Overall, it was a cheap, clean place to stay in exactly the area we needed to be in.

Pros:
About 4 miles to the LA Greek Theater (which is where we were going)
Clean
Comfy bed
Fridge and safe in the room
Friendly staff
Close to the mall and Americana at Brand
Lots of restaurants nearby
Inexpensive
Free parking

Cons:
LOTS OF STEEEEEP STAIRS - and NO ELEVATOR. This is a huge problem when you have tons of luggage, your purse, your hanging clothes, snacks, etc.

Parking is outside with MORE STAIRS. So you have to carry your luggage down the parking lot stairs, around the block and then up the stairs at the hotel.

No closet or anywhere to hang your clothes
Small rooms
No counter space in the bathroom. Pedestal sink and a toilet only
Dark - windows look right into a brick wall

So, like I said, it's really up to you what amenities matter to you!!! I hope this is helpful. I won't be back but that's not to say it isn't just fine for others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Biztraveler777
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is in a very nicely restored older building, and my stylish, spotless room was comfortable and included amenities such as an ironing board/iron, hair dryer, refrigerator, terrific air conditioner, comfortable bed, lovely furniture, and was bedbug-free (that was a concern for me, as I've been reading nightmare stories lately about infestations in hotels all over the country).

The staff was wonderful and helpful--even printed out my boarding passes for me just before my flight home. The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Glendale, close to absolutely everything---restaurants, shopping malls, theaters---I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. One caveat, though---there is no elevator and the front desk is on the second floor, so there is a steep climb to check in, so for this reason I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone with physical disabilities. Absolutely the only drawback that I perceived in my two-day stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We found this to be a very compassionate place...as we chugged into Glendale, late to attend a memorial service. Their courtesy was unparalled. It's a charming place.

A little odiferous & humid, trying to cover up the smoking odors.

Be sure to take photos of the room upon arrival. That will make certain you aren't blamed for damages that you did not do.

Otherwise, it was a port in the storm.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Nothing particularly wrong with this boutique hotel on the main drag of Glendale, CA if you don't mind a live band right underneath your room. The ground floor of this property is taken up completely by a bar called Jaxx which frequently features live music. The music can be heard in almost every room on the 1st floor. When I checked in I expressed concern about the music even before I went to my room. The front desk clerk assured me it wouldn't be a problem. I go out to dinner and when I come back, sure 'nuf the band and my room were rockin'. Fortunately, they had another room at the very back of the hotel - over the stairs - and there was no sound problem back there. The two teenage boys who were with me, and staying in another room on the 1st floor, also heard the music, but they're much more tolerant than me. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the bathroom has a nice, clean design except for a hideous orange trash pail. Unfortunately, the AC units are of the type that they completely shut down when they reach the preferred temperature. This can be quite shocking at 3am when you've fallen asleep to its steady hum and startle awake to pure silence and a room becoming quickly stuffy (the windows are very tightly shut). Overall though, if you get a good price $100/night or less, you'll be satisfied - this part of Glendale is a happening, upscale place; lots to do.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family