“Amazing Italian Food!”

Ranked #163 of 464 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: With a menu of classic Northern Italian cuisine, our chef will prepare an exquisite feast to satisfy every guest in your party while accommodating any dietary need including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and low-sodium. Compliment your meal with a selection from our extensive wine list including many fine Italian wines and over twenty wines offered by the glass. Let us prepare your favorite cocktail from our full bar or enjoy a refreshing drink from our Specialty Cocktail menu. Unwind with a drink by our fireplace and then feel at home in our classically decorated dining room or get some fresh air at one of our outside tables. From a romantic dinner for two to a quiet business meeting, whatever your reason for coming in we will make your experience memorable. Ask about our private dining and catering packages. Delivery available locally. Happy hour Monday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. Live music Friday and Saturday from 7pm to 9pm.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I ended up going here on New Years Eve. They were very accommodating even though we did not have a reservation. The service was fantastic. The menu was a scaled down menu for the holiday and had almost all seafood options, which I am not a fan of. However, it was delicious I had the lobster ravioli and it was so good. If I am ever in the area again I will have to go back and get something on their regular menu to really tell if I love it or not.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have eaten at Gennaro's more than 50 times since moving offices in 2008. Mostly lunch, occasional dinners. The food is excellent; the ambiance warm and comfortable (unique for Glendale); the service attentive. The Chicken Caesar salad is prepared to your liking at the table and is delicious. What sets this restaurant apart is that it works for both business and personal meals. My business colleagues and clients love to be invited to Gennaro's and so does my wife. If you are in this area of town, stop by for a great meal. Reservations are not necessary for lunch.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant countless times but I will never forget our first meal there. The restaurant is fairly small but open and soothing. The staff is courteous but does not hover. Many Italian restaurants are family style but this place is for special occasions. Our meal was long, serene, delightful. However, my clearest memory is of the wonderful dessert. We were served the most mouth-watering golden raspberries topped with a light-as-air grand-marnier/whipped cream.

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Three business associates and myself walked here from the Hilton based on recommendation from the valet. Very slow night (Monday) maybe only three other groups where there. Wonderful classical guitarist was playing, which provided a great background music. Not so loud we couldn't have a conversation. Service was slow, so be prepared to have long conversation. I have a feeling this is deliberate, so patrons can enjoy a relaxing non-pressured feeling. Highly recommend the veal medallions and Peroni beer!

1  Thank LanceM40
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is by far the best Italian dining experience in Glendale. My girlfriend has been several times, but we ate there this past week for my first time and I was more than impressed! The ambiance of Gennaro's takes you back to a restaurant setting that belongs in Goodfellows... low light, cozy, family-style Italian-white-tablecloth seating and decor abound. The place buzzes with the murmur of casual conversation, mixed with animated banter and the satisfied sounds of satiated customers. We started off with the Fresh Melon & Prosciutto Di Parma, which is a unique and delicious appetizer of three freshly cut cantaloupe melons, draped in warm prosciutto... delicious! We shared the special of the day, which was a Chilean Sea Bass and also shared the Fettucine Verde, Calinga. Both were cooked to perfection, and the alfredo sauce (appropriately so) was the best I have ever had. Oh, how could I forget to mention the buttery garlic toast, which although it is supposed to be brought out first, was forgotten until our entrees arrived. This may sound like a mistake, but I was grateful, because the temptation to fill up on this delicious bread might have been to great to fully enjoy the rest of the meal. Overall a must-experience for anyone living in or visiting the Glendale area. 5-stars was an easy rating to assign to this fantastic establishment! Good luck to the new owners! Keep it on!