“just go” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gennaro's Ristorante

Gennaro's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Gennaro's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 448 Restaurants in Glendale
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: With a menu of classic Northern Italian cuisine, our chef will prepare an exquisite feast to satisfy every guest in your party while accommodating any dietary need including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and low-sodium. Compliment your meal with a selection from our extensive wine list including many fine Italian wines and over twenty wines offered by the glass. Let us prepare your favorite cocktail from our full bar or enjoy a refreshing drink from our Specialty Cocktail menu. Unwind with a drink by our fireplace and then feel at home in our classically decorated dining room or get some fresh air at one of our outside tables. From a romantic dinner for two to a quiet business meeting, whatever your reason for coming in we will make your experience memorable. Ask about our private dining and catering packages. Delivery available locally. Happy hour Monday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. Live music Friday and Saturday from 7pm to 9pm.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

It has been while since my last visit to this great place, went there two days ago and everything is as i remember. Food is just to die for. If you are looking for a very intimate night out with your girlfriend or wife this is THE best place to be. Just call in advnace or just show up.. almost forgot - no parking issued like other restaurants.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Aaron S

los angeles
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Introduced some Korean and Korean-American folks to this place, and they all think it's the best Italian place they've ever been to and one of the best (if not the best) restaurant they've been to in the Glendale. In fact, I've been here 3 times in the past week due to out of town co-workers hearing about the raves, and I'm not tired of it (and I get tired of restaurants quickly).

That said, this really is a great place. Nice converted house atmosphere with a live piano music. Fresh ingredients--I often get the daily special (usually one pasta and one meat/fish item). Be sure to add a little cheese and pepper to the minestrone soup (Italian vegetable), and it's delicious. Also, best tiramisu ever, although I like some of the other desserts, too. This place is never full - 5 stars..

• Visited October 2012
norwalk
“Really enjoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really enjoyed Gennaro's the last time I came, and I was wandering around the area so decided to come back. I got the special pasta dish of the day - seafood with spaghetti. The flavor was good and the spaghetti was cooked al dente. I wasn't impressed with the seafood though. The shrimp was overcooked and the fish and mussels were also slightly overcooked. The calamari had good texture.

I would still come back to get the spinach gnocchi or maybe try other things, and the service was still good and the ambiance cute

“oh, so cute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Oh so cute.

This place is a perfect spot for a flavourful romantic dinner.

The calamari appetizer was the best I have ever had. I could just sit there and keep eating that alone. But I did move on. Everything was fresh and authentic. I felt like I was back in Italy. They also had a fantastic selection of wine to complement our dinner.

It was a perfect little night, at a perfect little restaurant.

“Will be back soon :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My friend took me here on Saturday night for my birthday dinner and everything was AMAZING. From the romantic setting, impeccable service to the delicious food and drink, everything was perfect. The restaurant itself is quite small, but the seating is well laid out so it doesn't feel cramped. Both the host and our server were great. Our server was friendly, attentive and helpful. He was knowledgeable about the menu and able to suggest dishes and recommend his favorites.

DELICIOUS dishes we ate:
- Bruschetta (from the specials menu)
- Lasagna (from the specials menu)
- Tonnarelli alla Capricciosa (Housemade pasta in light cream sauce with porcini mushrooms and Italian sausage)

We washed down our dinner with a bottle of their featured Italian white wine which complimented the dinner nicely.

I find that I rarely eat Italian food now that I live in Glendale (as opposed to growing up in NJ) but Gennaro's RIstorante will certainly change that!