“Funky, homely and fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa De Ramos

Casa De Ramos
Ranked #119 of 453 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Funky, homely and fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This family run restaurant is quite easily the best Mexican, if not the best meal I have had.
While Los Angeles in peppered with decent Mexican cuisine, this restaurant excells in every way.
On Glenoaks, it maybe easily missed, which would be a real shame, because inside are hand painted funky mexican furntiure in a great homely atmosphere, whether at lunchtime or in the evening.
I can say this, because it was so good when I went for lunch, I went back twice more during my holiday to eat in the evening.
The Burritos are the business, especially the Chile Verde and All Chile Verde. packed with succulent meat which had no fat and melted in the mouth
The staff were friendly and attentive, but not intrusive, always willing to help and be on hand if you needed anything
For those of you who like spicy, and I'm coming from a UK perspective here, the Chile Verde is on par with an Indian Madras for heat, but this isn't just "hot" food, there is taste too.
On my third visit, the owner heard me coughing (I had an irksome tickle) and at the end of my meal, she asked if I had gargled with apple vinegar, I said "no" (not the sort of thing I'd take on holiday) and to my surprise (and delight) before I left, I was presented with a carton she prepared of said apple vinegar
This place is an absolute delight, the food is fantastic, as are the staff...oh and the as for the margaritas... well!!! Just go eat/drinbk there, you won't be disappointed.
Crawford Smith
Edinburgh
UK

• Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Quaint Mexican Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have eaten at Casa De Ramos several times and my tried and true favorite dish is the Casa De Ramos Enchilada Burritos made with shredded beef. The enchilada sauce, melted cheese and avocado that top the burrito really make it special. I have also tried the carne asada tacos, which came with rice and beans. The carne asada meat was tasty, but the big surprise was the delicious whole beans served as a side. As others have mentioned, this is a family owned restaurant and the owners and staff are very friendly. You can dine inside where you wil find painted chairs that give the place a festive vibe or you can dine outside on the patio in the back.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Well done and worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

One of my pastimes is a never ending search for the world's best chile relleno. The ones at Casa De Ramos are excellent - top 10 in my book. Fresh and fluffy egg batter with plenty of cheese. These didn't sit around and were made fresh to order. Tamale was also pretty good. If I get back to Glendale, this will be my first stop.

• Visited November 2012
Glendale, California
“Nice local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The specials are a nice treat. Margaritas are great. Family owned business with friendly employees. Chile Colorado is very good and the poblano chicken Chile when they serve it is the most amazing item on the menu

Glendale, California
“All I Was Told it Was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

All my friends who live in Glendale, have been telling me what a great little restaurant this place is. Even my wife who went with her Pals raved about it. After having lunch there, I to am a fan. Great salsa,tasty Margaritas, and really good Carnitas. My wife had the chicken tamale and thought it was one of the best she has had. What a great staff, family owned and run. They have a big patio in the back that I know, I will be spending time on as the weather warms up. This is a great casual and friendly Mexican restaurant. If your in Glendale be sure to check it out.

• Visited April 2012