“Shocking”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
London, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ordered a takeaway from these people which took 2hrs and 20 mins to arrive. When I phoned to enquire where our food was I was screamed at by the manager and told the restaurant was his priority and that he makes no promises about takeaways. I have never ever been spoken to like that before in response to a polite enquiry. The guy is clearly in the wrong business and should probably be certified!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Matt P

London, United Kingdom
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I had arranged a christmas dinner with my collegues and the service i recieved was appauling. The staff insisted on ordering more food by convincing us that the portions were very small which resulted in a lot of food being wasted. Additionally, the staff were not cooperating at all, they were communicating via gestures and when asked for more glasses for the water i ordered, the staff was very suprised and provided the glass with a lot of attitude - all that trouble for just an empty glass. Just to conclude in a small sentence it was a terrible experience, even if i was to offered to go for free i would not take the chance -just ruined my night! So people, i would never recommend it, there are other place where you might want to spend your money and recieve the service you are worth.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank 743mary
Glendale, California
“WORST PLACE EVER!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I cannot say enough bad things about this horrible restaurant. The manager who we worked with to book our family event assured us we would have a wonderful experience. In fact, it was the exact opposite. The chairs were so close that people couldn't get out of their seats and as our guests began to spread out because it was so uncomfortable, they had the audacity to charge us extra. They had said we could use a side table to place our cake on and within a couple of hours my $500 cake was on the floor next to the kitchen entrance and it was almost stepped on by the waiters at least 5 times. They said the music was mostly Armenian with some Arabic but it was ALL Russian. The place is ridiculously understaffed. If you ask for something as simple as a pitcher of water, be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes. They claimed there would be plenty of food for our guests yet a table of 10 had 6 pieces of meat and they served it at 11:30pm!

The manager is so rude that when we expressed our concerns and complaints all she did was tell us she couldn't do anything like all of a sudden she had no control over what was taking place in her restaurant and was telling us in not so many words that we should just shut up and deal with it. I've never seen a restaurant manager pass the buck and take no responsibility like I did that night.

Do yourself a favor and keep walking when you see this place. It is such a colossal waste of money. Do not ruin your evening and give this lady or restaurant owner a penny of your hard earned money. An evening at McDonald's would be a better use of your funds.

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank Amy D
New York
“Great food, didn't expect the table dance, best suited for bachelor party”
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Positive: Opulent decor, delectable and excellently prepared food, attentive service.

Negative: Very loud band prohibited conversation. When band was on break, several female dancers started performing hip-hop dance moves to loud recorded music in middle-eastern dance costumes. Their costumes and dance became more provocative/sexy with each set they did. It was entertaining until they all circulated for almost an hour through the tables in very scant outfits performing stripper-like dances a mere millimeter away from each male customer at every single table. At every table, regardless whether the men were with women or not, they performed in-your-face stripper dances practically on the lap of every single male in the place and didn't move till the men put money in their g-string bottoms. That made the night sleazy and classless.

This entertainment is not advertised for what it is so new customers have no idea what they are in for.

7 Thank cathy2007
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I hosted a party of 14 at Mandaloun last Saturday night, and did not have the pleasant experience I had anticipated. Here are some of the problems that contributed to our bad experience.

1)overcrowded: In a fine dining establishment which boasts "The tables are spread far apart for privacy," I was not expecting to not be able to walk in between tables to the dance floor. The chairs were almost touching back to back. According to our waitress, they were very busy that night, because they do not want to turn anyone away. Well, as someone who had made reservations more than a week in advance, I would expect that it would be proper for a fine dining establishment to turn away last minute reservations and walk-ins, to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of those customers who had made advanced reservations.
2)Unsanitary: Our table was placed under the ceiling’s air conditioning vents that run down the center of the dining room. This probably is also a result of the overcrowding. The condensation from the air conditioning vents formed droplets and began dripping down to our table, into our food and beverages. As I reported this to our waitress, she seemed very concerned but when she in turn reported the problem to the manager, all we got from him is a smiling face and “that happens, not a big problem”. Not the caring service I would have expected.
3)Service: As the evening progressed, the place became even more crowded, taking its toll on the service staff; hence, we had to request our coffee and tea several times, and when the coffee arrived, the tea did not…
4)Smoking: When I dine at any restaurant (especially a fine dining establishment) in California, I expect to enjoy the evening free of secondhand smoke. According to the California Labor Code, smoking is prohibited at any enclosed area. Although they claim to have an outdoor terrace, the terrace was enclosed on all sides (has a roof, and enclosed with plastic covers all around). That still would not impact me in the dining room if the three very large doors were closed so that smoke would not blow into the dining room. The staff was not tending to the doors, and when I requested that the maître d' close the door so we would not be subjected to the cigar smoke, he said he would only after the show was over. Aside from being illegal to have smoke coming into the enclosed area, that comment also demonstrated lack of service and caring. When I called to make the reservations, a representative informed that the entertainment was for the inside diners only, so he was also contradicting that statement. Since I’m allergic to smoke, being subjected to this smoke while waiting for the bill to arrive, ruined the rest of my weekend by giving me a sinus irritation.
Aside from the wonderful music by the guitarist/singer and the fantastic bread, the evening was a huge disappointment.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member