“Absolutely fantastic bakery & the price that is unbelievable”

Porto's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Glendale
Cuisines: Cafe, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Absolutely fantastic bakery & the price that is unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This fantastic local Cuban bakery is everything anyone could want. The place is immaculate, the food is beautifully presented, the taste is excellent, the service is perfect and the price is so reasonable you will pinch yourself. If you're anywhere in the area of any of the three Porto's bakeries (hopefully soon there will be more) and you don't go you're simply a fool.

Every kind of bakery item you can imagine from pastry two sandwiches plus fantastic drinks are available here. Skip the Starbucks, forget Panera, and check this place out.

I've traveled to LA at least 75 times and this is the best bakery I've ever step foot into. I assure you you'll be happy you tried Porto's.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
acworth GA, United States
“amazing bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

the best bakery I have ever been to. ITS HUGE !! also a very cheap place to eat at to I loved all of it

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“If you can afford the time, worth the wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This bakery holds legendary status, and I finally had the opportunity to try it. I was expecting a high volume business with a run down appearance as I have encountered with other LA area spots of historical popularity but was surprised of the rich interior, attuned to a Starbucks. I was also astounded by the sheer vastness of the bakery. I was only looking for something for lunch and was pleased with the grilled vegetable sandwich. The apple strudel I purchased to follow my meal was incredibly inexpensive yet light, warm and seemingly perfect. I would rate Porto's a five but waiting 20-25 minutes to place my order tested my patience.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not a Bakery & Not a Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

PORTOS is a sort of experience. You will not purchase @ counter fast(very busy). You will not be served fast at your table(very busy). You will be happy with service(very busy).
Simple reason-all product is simply good.
From simple breakfast or lunch, to baked goods & notably service with birthday or celebration days---this business wants to work with you---this business produces quality.
This jes ain brain surgery gang-good produces success--this business is successful--!

• Visited December 2013
Phoenix
“I would give it 6 stars if I could”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We found porto's when looking for a Starbucks near our hotel. The doorman at our hotel said he would not tell us where SB was, but he would direct us to Porto's. When we got there we were a bit put off because it was packed, but 1 look in the display case changed all of that. We loaded up on pastries, savories and coffee. We were surprised how reasonable the price was and LOVED the food. The sweets were fantastic, but we also loved the meat pastries and mashed potato balls (sorry, I don't know the real name). Great place.

• Visited August 2013