“Give it some time, it has lots of potential”

Golden Road Brewing
Ranked #8 of 469 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Locally brewed beer and amazing Pub grub with a chef driven influence awaits you here at The Pub at Golden Road. Kid and dog friendly, bring your family, bring your friends, heck bring a stranger!
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We love brew pubs and craft brewing, so this place hit our list. Unfortunately I did not look at the reviews ahead of time. Have to agree that the food is very unique, pretzel comes with a homemade pimento cheese that is great, the sides are truly homemade in execution....but, waiting in line to order your food, then finding a table (it was raining, so our seating was limited), we had left our tab open to order more beer, then realized that we had to stand in line again to get the beer and close out the tab. My comment about the beer is similar to others, good beer, just nothing that is outstanding. I'll give it some time and the next time we are in the area, we will probably try it again. The food was really good.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great location, done up nice in an industrial section of Glendale / LA..... right by the Rail Road Tracks on top of it .... so you get the thrill of the trains and train whistle. I don't mind paying the price for the food & beer but would like to see the food portions match the price.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The pub at Golden Road is very successful, so is the brewery

This is good news, and bad news

I am very happy that Los Angeles is developing an appreciation for craft beer

But, visiting Golden Road can be a challenge. It's always crowded

There is no table service, everything must be ordered at the bar..and there's always a line..sometimes a very long, slow line

Beer selection is OK but not spectacular. They have most of the Golden Road beers on tap most of the time, and a small selection of guest brewers as well

I love the food!

It's made with fresh, local ingredients by expert chefs. A lot of the dishes are creative variations on old standards. Prepare to be surprised

They have both meaty and vegan dishes

I have talked to the owners, and they are working on re-designing things to accommodate the crowds

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Expected more. Their other business (Tony's Darts Away) has great beer and friendly service. The food at Golden Road is overpriced and hit and miss on the quality. The service is barely adequate and last night was quite rude. The beer is okay, but nothing at all special. Both house brews and guest brews frequently sell out, further limiting options. The venue is great, so it is often crowded, but if they don't get their act together, it won't stay that way.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was really hoping that I would like Golden Road Brewing but unfortunately it just didn't work for me. The food and beer were OK quality wise, but overpriced for what you get. If I'm paying $11 dollars for a burger, I'd think they would provide better service. But maybe standing in line, reading a menu on a chalkboard and getting your own water and eating utensils is just too "Hip" for me.
If your a train watcher you will love this place as it is right on the tracks. Each train blows its horn as it goes by so make sure you drink up to numb your mind. Like I said, I was really hoping that I would like this place as it seemed like a cool place but I think if they are going to charge premium prices they should provide premium service. I will say the place was somewhat busy so maybe I am not their target customer.

1  Thank Dansocal