“Excellent Value for the Money”

Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Palm Springs, California
“Excellent Value for the Money”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just returned from a 3-night trip to LA and decided to give the Glen Capri in Glendale a try, as bargain hotels appear to be a dying breed these days in Tinseltown and I found a very competitive online rate here. I don't think I could've been more pleased with my choice! First of all, the place appealed to me because the building has personality, much moreso than the cookie-cutter chains that dominate the bargain scene today. It looks like it came straight out of a movie...and it has! It's been featured in several films due to its vintage aesthetic. The retro sign and roadside inn look take you back to the 60s, but I found that our room (201) was up to date with the 2000s -- very clean and tastefully decorated, complete with a mini-fridge, microwave, iron/ironing board, wifi, and cable TV. This stretch of Glendale right on the cusp of beautiful downtown Burbank is a great location for getting quickly to many of the local attractions, without all the chaotic overcrowded feel that is prevalent in so much of the city. I hope this place keeps things just the way they are, because it's the perfect home away from home for me when I crave a little urban excitement!

Room Tip: I always select a room on the top floor because I don't like to hear the floorboards creaking ov...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank nawlinsdude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glendale, California
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed at Glen Capri for 7 nights. I would definately stay here again. Besides being affordable, my room was clean, spacious, and had fridge, cable tv, two sinks, big closet with hangers, iron & board, plenty of towels and products. The staff was very friendly, everytime I saw them they would ask if I needed anything. My room was cleaned everyday and I felt comfortable leaving my stuff in the room. This hotel is very safe and quiet, with plenty of parking available. It was located close to laundrymat, Ralphs, gas station, liquor store, a nice Bistro next door, and near Burbank & Glendale.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank steve p
Corona
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was pleased to find this place on line. The price was great and the room was clean and roomy. No smoke smell! Place was older but when I come to town 4 time a year for horse shows, just want a clean , safe, affordable place to sleep and shower. Management was very cordial and helpful, printed up instructions of how to get to my location and suggested good places to eat nearby. Will definitely stay here again and have recommended them to friends. Bonnie

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed for a week or so in march 2012, while on a business trip. I needed o be close to the studios, so the location worked out, and for the price the place offers a lot of space: i got a mini suite, with a kitchen, table, nice spacious bathroom, and an ok bed, if a little shy on covers. It was a strange mix of fairly recently redone and rather dated stuff, but for the price i knew i couldn't be too picky. But I have also stayed for less (in Woodland Hills and Calabasas) and while i got a lot less space, everything inside was of much better quality, so it is possible. I just don't understand why you would put granite in the bathroom and an ancient and disgusting bedspread on the bed. It seems a little schizophrenic. This place boasts some sort of a great Tripadvisor rating, and i am not sure what its based on. Here are two big issues: according to the Manager, there are no non smoking rooms. and the personnel are the biggest issue there. The Manager (all the desk people were East Indian - i don't want to sound like I am prejudiced, but it may be a family operation of some sort) was probably the rudest and most disdainful person I have ever met in a hotel. He wasted no time letting you know in his his none too subtle ways that he himself would never stay in a place such as this, and who am I to make any demands on him (such as providing me with a working tv remote) - and as per his instructions, the room was serviced only ONCE in my 8 day stay there. I don't mean sheet changes - i mean basic service such as making the bed, emptying trash, replacing towels. ONCE! I wouldn't put up with this again - and neither should you. This could be very good value for the money if it wasn't for the things i mentioned.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker no rooms are good, otherwise the back rooms upstairs actually have a nice vi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kandala

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Florida, USA
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Clean, safe, and good service. It was a good all around experience. The location is save and convenient to eveyrthing in Burbank and Glendale. There is a nice little cafe across the parkingl lot. Parking was easy. The room was spacious and had obviously been recently modernized. I was surprised that there was no furnature with drawers, or even anything upon which to place and open my luggage. Maybe it was just missing from my room? There was plenty of space for it. So, I had to put my bags of the bed to open them. They did have free Internet, but the signal was week in my room.

Room Tip: The WiFi in the room on the far west end was too weak to be of use. The signal from the cafe next do...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UsuallyFarFromHome
Long Beach, California
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here a few times just to get away. It's affordable, but we primarily like the early check in. No where in LA can you check in at noon. The rooms aren't great (they smell like smoke) even though I request non smoking.

However, my biggest complaint is that I make my reservation online with the AAA rate, so I expect my 10% discount when I check in. When I checked in, I handed him my card and he dismissed it and actually rolled his eyes. He would not honor the AAA rate and charged me full price. What is the point of offering the AAA rate on their website if they won't honor it????

Apparently this hotel doesn't know anything about customer service! Rude and dismissive clerk!! I won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KikiBe74
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised! Having never been to Glendale/LA area - I found this hotel on Orbitz. PERFECT for my daughter and myself....we were using it as "home base" for a lot of sight seeing..and her first Art Show in LA area - At Gallery GODO......clean, nice owners, very polite staff. Nothing fancy - but clean, nice TV, clean towels, sheets, comfortable bed, refrigerator and microwave! I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: all seemed fine. We were on the second floor facing the main road....it was fine!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debi B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Rodeway Inn Regalodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 16 in Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

Been to Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road? Share your experiences!