“Average hotel, exceptional staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Ft Worth, TX
“Average hotel, exceptional staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here recently for two nights while visiting Glendale. The rooms were ok: a little dated, beds were only medium comfortable, walls were thin- could here everything in the hallway. Location is convenient to restaurants and groceries if you're staying for a while. The staff was exceptional, very helpful, pleasant and polite. Continental breakfast was a bonus. Price was reasonable. If you have need to stay in this area, overall a decent deal.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the back side of the hotel, away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cng8r
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Glendale . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case with the service provided! As far as the hotel, we will be considering your feedback for future upgrades to the property so we have you rate the hotel as well as you rated the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Four nights with my husband and my mom to visit our nearby daughter. Room was clean; the kitchen was quite basic/adequate; however, when we requested a frying pan & spatula, we immediately were handed these. No problem turning in towels and receiving fresh ones - just don't expect service. When we first arrived, our assigned room was quite a far walk from the elevator. Because of my elderly mom, I asked if we might change to a room closer to the elevator; within minutes, our wish was granted. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have a pretty view of the mountains. At $94 per night, you cannot beat this l...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cheryl103
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Glendale . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority

On your next visit we shall make every effort to select a room closer to the elevator for your convenience. Feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here with my mom and daughter for four nights. We arrived late the first night. The entire carpet was damp, and the room smelled -- like wet carpet. The front desk person said there were no other rooms, so we stayed but were moved the next morning. Apparently, someone had washed the carpet that day, which is a bit odd considering guests were coming that night. Anyway, the new room was just fine and met our needs.
Front-desk staff was excellent. Not having housekeeping come in every day and exchanging our own towels took a bit of getting used to, but it is, after all, extended-stay lodging. The kitchen was adequate, although we ended up not using anything other than some bowls and spoons for cereal. Someone should have picked up the trash that was dumped on the ground outside, and empty the exterior trash can, but the interior was fine.
I completed a survey after we got back and mentioned the carpet experience. The manager was nice enough to credit us back for that night. I would come back here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank katie2004
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Angeles - Glendale . Our hotels are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. I’m glad you were satisfied by the Manager's actions during that visit.

Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We even get discount, staying for a month. We found the staff very friendly and helpfull.
I'll stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Vahagn K
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spent a few weeks here as I ended one job and began another, so I got to know many of the staff and everyone was wonderful, helpful, and always accomodating to my needs. My room was very clean, awesome flat screen tv, large closet, and plenty kitchen space for whatever I needed. No problems with funky smells or loud noises like some hotels. I was also able to use printer/copier/fax machine for some business matters and at times I felt like I was being a hassle, but the staff were always willing to assist me with what I needed, and always pleasant. Would def. stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cali G
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Love the convenience of having a Kitchenette for our hotel stays. Helps us control trip costs and so much more relaxing than having to eat out all the time. This property is great. You get what you pay for. Clean and great front desk staff. Will stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlene R
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Motel rooms in and around the San Fernando Valley are expensive so I tried finding a bargain on Priceline. I was pleasantly surprised when bidding blind on that site gave me this hotel. The room was large, lovely and they recently replaced the old TVs with flat screens safely bolted down. The room had a full closet and great water pressure in the shower. I was so busy I didn't get to enjoy the room for long but I sure wish I could have. A lovely place.

Room Tip: Mine was near the street but I didn't have a problem with lots of noise outside.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PersonintheVicinity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 16 in Glendale

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!