Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The rooms are nice - just a shame there is NOTHING around here of any interest. Must be one of the most boring parts of LA. Hotels doesn't even have a coffee shop to grab something good and fast. They forgot my wake up call - NOT impressed and almost missed my flight. NO APOLOGY. Keep away from this one!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank dreamonixx

Reviewed May 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here at the end of April on our way from the UK to Oregon. Glendale is a nice safe and easy to get around district in LA with great shopping. The Hilton is just what you would expect....clean rooms, good breakfast and we had free wifi in the room. The first day we decided to rent a car from the Avis desk just inside the lobby. We got just what we expected until the following day when we left to fill the gas up and hotel wanted to charge $18 to leave (the exit ticket is free for 24hrs and as soon as you return the car, they automatically charge the parking fee). This I found frustrating as the car drop is in the hotel carpark, so you have to choice! Watch out for this parking fee if you rent a car here! The hotel desk staff did a good job in helping with the matter but after a lot of complaining.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I stayed here on a Friday night in April. The hotel does not offer free parking but I'm not sure many in this area do. The self park was $18+ and pretty easy to find. Check-in was good. I am a Gold VIP member and was upgraded to the exec level and comped wifi when I asked.

They have 19th floor lounge which I think was just for exec level, but wasn't sure, and offer $5/drinks and $5/appetizers. The drinks were fine and a good value. I'm used to free apps. on exec level, but was happy to try the $5 apps. This was the low point of the stay. They have to travel 19 floors down to the kitchen for orders. Kitchen staff does not bring the food up -- they pull a waitstaff off duty to pick up orders. This slows down drink orders and the food is slow in coming. My cheese and fruit plate was fine -- nothing to get cold or overcook, but my calamari was, um, overcooked and then cooled. Not so nice. Still the lounge itself is spacious with walls of windows all around.

The room itself was up to Hilton standards. White linens and clean. Nice view of the mountains. Huge flat screen TV and comfy bed. The breakfast included w/exec level was a full buffet in the main dining room. It featured hot and cold dishes, coffee, juice, fruits, pastries, and oatmeal. I like this better than the breakfast they sometimes serve in the exec lounges. Nothing to pay, just left a tip.

Checkout was smooth. The restaurant overlooks a good-sized outdoor pool and spa, but did not have a chance to use it.

Overall it was a very good value with a pleasant staff. Would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen N
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I enjoyed the Glendale Hilton during the end of March and it was wonderful. I had been staying almost exclusively at the Burbank Marriott via Priceline and was somewhat skeptical when Priceline sent me to the Glendale Hilton, especially after reading many so-so reviews via Trip Advisor. I arrived to a beautiful room on the 16th floor. The accommodations were very clean and the beds were very nice! Although not quite as nice as the Marriott, they were more than adequate. I am a picky person when it comes to beds and found them to be just fine. The desk, TV and bathroom were wonderful and the Hilton uses Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries which were very nice. Use the Wi-Fi downstairs for free. The only complaint I have is the parking, which at $18/night is on the steep side, although at the end of the day, that amount would be the same no matter what I paid for the room, which by the way was $65/night. Next time I use Priceline I will look for the Glendale Hilton!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed here with my husband for business. The front desk staff was unfriendly and indifferent at check in and check out. They were rude when I asked them to validate my parking ticket to indicate I was a guest. Self parking is $18. In-room internet and at the business center is $12.95. I received a room overlooking the garage and rooftops. There won't be a repeat visit that's for sure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank EuroDiva
Reviewed February 11, 2010

So I am a Hilton Honors member but didn't book through HIlton. They refused to honor my status, charged for internet parking daily (combined $30 daily), argued over other services (like requesting room cleaning). Essentially, if you don't pay their regular rate, expect to be treated like crap---from the lowly employee to management. I've stayed at MOTELS with better attitude and service.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank InTheBizLA
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Don't stay here.

The Hilton bed that you are used to is not offered at this very poorly-run and inhospitable hotel. The sheets are very old and rough. The carpet in the room is extremely dirty.

The elevators broke down while I was here. While I only had to wait 25 minutes for an elevator one poor couple were actually trapped on an elevator for an hour.

If you try and cancel the remainder of your reservation, even if you give the front desk notice by midnight as is Hilton policy, they will hit you with a $50 cancellation fee.

The happy hour in the bar is a joke.

This is by far the worst Hilton I have ever stayed in. Their are other hotels in LA for the same price that are far more deserving of their 4 stars.

I have never been made to feel so unwelcome in a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business