“Sleep in the lobby, it'll be quieter!”

Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights (a Thursday & a Friday) and we overall very disappointed with the service and the hotel. The first night we could hear every word the other guests conversations through the walls and then before 6am in the morning we were woken as every time a door closed our room shook! Even though I am a Hilton Honours member because I had booked this stay through a 3rd party I was treated like a 2nd class citizen and my 'status' could not be honoured... EVerything is extra, including rollaway beds for the room, car parking and WIFI is not only a chargeable extra but charged PER DEVICE, not per room. In these times when everyone has a smartphone, laptop or tablet/iPad charging for WIFI is bad enough but charging for each device is just greedy! Staff were not helpful and as another guest says they didn't seem to care whether you were happy with the service or the hotel, it was tough if you didn't. On the morning of our departure, my husband went to get a bell cart to be told that they couldn't let him have it as they only had 1!! I then rang twice, it eventually arrived 15 mins later when we were just decided we'd drag our bags to the car ourselves.
We normally stay in 4* HGV properties and have spent over 30 nights in those properties over the last couple of years, the standard of rooms and staff are much better! In fact prior to our stay in Glendale we stayed at the Homewood Suites in San Diego, which was a 3* but the staff there were 4*. Pleasant, helpful, going out of their way to help! WIFI was FREE as was the rollaway bed for the room.
Would I recommend- no, especially given the noise levels and the staff service.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, mountain side, otherwise you're overlooking a carpark!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. We'd also like to apologize that you were unhappy with the cost of internet and We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

You won't believe the upgrades this Hilton can give as they are available. I got a King corner room upgrade and wasn't charged points or fees! In the past, on one of the best days of my life, I got an upgrade to the Presidential Suite. On that trip to Hilton Glendale, my husband checked in ahead of me and thought I was on a spending splurge to get such a room--but it was just an upgrade! The lobby of this hotel smells of orange blossoms, like the "California Soaring" ride at California Adventure. So be sure to take time to smell the lobby! The restaurant is one of my favorites from Hilton properties. Whereas at the Hilton LAX you only get a continental breakfast, you can get a full breakfast buffet with the omelet bar for a small upgrade fee. The oatmeal is as good as what they used to serve at Tavern on the Green in Central Park, NY. I will sometimes stay here simply because my chances of a quality upgrade (for free) is better than staying at one of the other local hotels.

Room Tip: When you make the reservation, put a comment in the comment box along the lines of "hilton hono...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EllieRKay
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

There seem to be some recent negative reviews but I found the hotel great - we stayed for 3 nights, room was clean and comfortable and staff were all really helpful and friendly. It is a little way out but we knew that and as long as you have a car then it is fine. Glendale is nice with some good shops and restaurants. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night, less than 12 hours as a place to crash after arriving on a late flight. The hotel and rooms are below average with a view of a gas station and the Nestle building. Considering the hotel is in Southern California, the rooms could use a major facelift.

We stayed on a Saturday night and two of the four elevators were out of sevice. On Sunday morning, as we were trying to go downstairs to check out, we waited nearly 20 minutes with our bags waiting to squeeze in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with our elevators upon check out. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel was in a nice area of town--quiet, and somewhat secluded, but close enough to easily get to major shopping and services. The appearance was great and there was plenty of parking (for which there was a moderate fee). The rooms were light, bright, and clean, with a modern décor and wall to wall windows. The large windows included a nice comfortable window seat that spanned the length of the window and added to the room's appeal. The temperature controls worked well and were relatively quiet. However, the walls appeared to be paper thin and the hallway noise was a bit overwhelming. Overall, it was a decent value for the money and I would consider staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is my second stay here and my memories of my first visit are confirmed. Not a top-of-line Hilton you'd expect near LA but acceptable. The room is average. There is no in-room safe, refrigerator, or mini bar. There is a bar on the 19th floor with a great view but their martinis are overpriced and only "okay". The staff are friendly and helpful and the facility is clean. They do offer shuttle service to near restaurants which is a plus.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Check-in basically foreshadowed the horrible 2-night experience. We were traveling under a Friends and Family rate along with my cousins (who work for Hilton), and even after seeing the passport, the front desk employee rudely said that they would have to verify with the HR department of my cousin's hotel to verify the validity - WITH A PASSPORT in front of her face. Secondly, we booked an executive room and were given a standard room. I noticed the room number and while I understand rooms are given based on availability, you shouldn't just change the room type without telling the guest of the change while still charging at the higher rate. After I asked her to lower the rate due to the standard room, she changed it back. However she never mentioned that breakfast was included, that was something I had to ask about later. There were two of us in the room and we were splitting the charges. I was using a debit card and having worked for Hilton for 4 years, was fully aware of the additional authorizations. So I clearly stated at check-in that I wanted my card charged right away and not kept on the reservation and asked for a receipt. She seemed to understand. But the next day I saw that my card had been authorized for another $200! Fuming, I tried to explain as calmly as possible what had happened to the supervisor. She very unsympathetically explained that she had removed the card and it would take 3-5 business days to return to my account. Seriously?! I was on vacation and they clearly did not do what I asked them to do. I told her that the bank wouldn't do anything until hearing from them, but she just said that I needed to call myself, that that's what they usually recommend. So what, this happens all the time?? She never even apologized nor even sounded sorry for THEIR mistake. The room was mediocre at best for an "executive room." The towels had dirt on them and there were stains on the walls. I was incredibly disappointed. But mostly if it's your fault that I am being inconvenienced, at least say that you're sorry! What ever happened to customer service? The one nice thing I can say is that we did like breakfast (that it was complimentary after we had asked), and the staff in the restaurant was awesome. Very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura L
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Also, as a common practice in our industry, holds are placed for incidentals and refunded to the card if not consumed. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we will be sure to reevaluate our current policies to ensure guests are made aware of any extra charges that may be placed on your card. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
#7 of 18 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#11 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR? Share your experiences!