“Clean, quiet and close to LA”

Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean, quiet and close to LA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights instead of paying twice as much for a Hollywood area hotel. The location is close to the #134 and #5 freeways so getting into Hollywood or LA is quick, about 15 minutes in non rush hour traffic.
The rooms are fairly basic but up to the usual Hilton standards. Views from the 8th floor where very nice. The pool is large and we had a group of 12 and it still felt spacious. Don't expect service for drinks/food at the pool though.
It's a 10 minute drive to some great shopping at the Americana/Galleria malls and there's plenty of restaurants around. I'd recommend "Shakers" for breakfast right around the corner, old time diner with great potato pancakes.
We had rented a 12 seater van and it wouldn't fit in the parkade so we used valet instead for a few extra dollars a day and the valet guys were great.
Overall, this is a cheap alternative to staying in the more touristy areas of LA but only if you have a car to get around. You won't get free wi-fi or parking so this adds to the room cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in July and I have to commend them for cleanliness. Everything was spotless. My room was clean clean clean. The view was incredible The staff was nice. The reception area is spacious and very welcoming. A group of us had dinner in the hotel restaurant very late Sunday night. The food was fantastic and our server was in the best mood ever. I highly recommend it.

2 Thank wolverina426
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visit the LA/Glendale area periodically to see our family. This trip we decided to check out the Hilton. The hotel has a great location, very easy access to the 134 equidistant from the 2 and the 5. We weren't sure what to expect since during our last trip we had a bad experience at the Embassy Suites right around the corner. Our visit started off right with a bump up to the executive level. This included a free breakfast which was a nice treat. During our first morning the breakfast area was kind of crazy since a large tour overseas group decided to all eat at the same time. The staff found us a nice quiet place to eat and they were very attentive making sure we were happy. We had a bad first night with a loud party happening in the next room. We complained and the staff gave us a nice credit on the room charge. Wifi worked well (unlike the Embassy Suites which does not have Wifi). We had to pay for parking which I hate. There were plenty of parking spaces which is unusual for LA area hotels. No hooks or bars to hang towels in the bathroom. This seems to be a trend, hope it does not catch on.

Room Tip: Ask about a possible upgrade to the executive floor when making your reservation
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wisegeezer
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a nice hotel. It is the average nice Hilton Hotel. The hotel itself is nice but the house keeping staff and the room service staff needs training. Let me start off by saying that the front desk staff was excellent. Very professional, friendly and willing to help anyway they can. I would give them a 5 star rating. The valet parking staff was also excellent. 5 stars there also. The room service staff that delivers the food also did an excellent job.

Now to the house keeping staff. We were at the hotel for 5 days and for the entire time a crumpled up piece of plastic wrap was on the center of the hallway floor outside our door. Every day house keeping staff would walk past it but not one would bend down and pick it up. It became a joke with my family to see how long it would be there before someone picked it up. For all we know it may still be there. On two days we left the "DO Not Disturb" sign on our doorknob thinking that it would mean Do Not Disturb. On each day we received a telephone call from housekeeping asking us what time we would like our room cleaned. What does Do Not Disturb mean? It is any less disturbing to have them call us on the telephone than knocking on our door! When they did clean the room they did a terrible job. The entire 5 days we were there they never once vacuumed the carpet which was in dire need of vacuuming. Every time they cleaned the bathroom they left long black hairs on the counter and floor.

Room Service Staff. I ordered breakfast one morning for 6:00 AM and it never came. At 6:45 AM I called room service and they told me they never received the order. When I told them that I called room service and placed the order myself they told me they would call me right back. Ten minutes later they called back and told me that they had misfiled the order and it would be delivered in 15 minutes. The breakfast arrived the same time that I had to leave. On another morning I received orange juice with breakfast that tasted awful. It clearly was spoiled as it tasted like acid. I called room service and asked for another glass of orange juice as the one I received was spoiled. I was told that if they send another glass of orange juice up it would probably taste the same. Are You Kidding! The woman then said that if I really wanted another glass of orange juice she could open a package and send another glass up. Open A Package for a $4.50 glass of orange juice! Are you kidding me. She must have opened a new package because the second glass of orange juice tasted fine, not a good as freshly squeezed orange juice but OK.

This is a very nice hotel. Please train your staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank garda19
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

At first glance, this is a nice property, but too many things have not been that great since I checked in yesterday.

1, The gym is large and is nicely equipped with a variety of machines. However, it was at least 85 degrees in the room, if not warmer. The gym faces the pool on the west side of the building, which gets the afternoon sun! I could only stay in the gym for 30 minutes as I began to feel sick from working out in a SAUNA!

2. I have a very nice, large corner room. It was 90 degrees in SoCal today. My air conditioner would not cool the room lower than 77 albeit I turned the air down to 65. The fan would come on for about 10 minutes before shutting off. I called and someone was sent right up but at 7am the next morning, my room is still 70 degrees!

3. I ordered a bottle of beer from the lounge last night to take to my room after the work-out, which in the heat did nothing but make me thirsty! The bottle of beer was $7.83 .

4. The ceiling in my bathroom is water stained : ( I wonder the bathroom above is leaking?

5. This is a non-smoking property (of course) however the hallways reek of smoke.

6. I received a free breakfast since I'm a Hilton Hhonors member. This property has a extensive buffet with hot and cold items from which to choose. I had cold cereal, toast, fruit and coffee. I has given a check for the executive buffet for 18.95 with tax my bowl of cereal would have cost over $20! ridiculous!!

7. Nice flat screen tv but it is too small (32in) for the size of the room. Most re-vamped hotels have at least a 46 inch tv or largers

I'm here for the week on business but I will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: the corner rooms have 2 sets of windows for great natural light
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The towels and sheets were high quality and the windows were large offering great views and sunshine. The make to order breakfast with omlets and home baked muffins rocks. The gym is well equiped with up to date machines that work well and all the weight machines and free weights make it easy to work out. The pool is big with ample chairs for sunning. The roof top lounge has the best sunsets and happy hour is fun to! The internet speed is fast. All business trip but was made pleasurable by the staff and clean comfy hotel

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the biggest and have the best views!
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here for two nights for business in July 2012. The hotel is very convenient to Burbank/Glendale locations, and we actually didn't have too much trouble going into LA, either.

Our arrival was easy, although the situation with the valet is a bit confusing. We wanted to self-park, and the valet was quite aggressive in trying to take our keys from us, even while we were just checking in. The front desk was helpful and efficient.

The room was comfortable with a lot of space. The bed was very comfortable and I had no issue with anything in the room. I didn't experience any problem with the AC in my room--I was comfortable the entire time. My view was of a nearby hill, not spectacular but not shabby either. The bathroom was large, with good lighting, too.

Our first night there we visited the restaurant on the top floor. The drinks and tapas were actually very good. It was a pleasant surprise for our group, since we had arrived late and figured we would go to bed hungry. The breakfast, however, was very expensive in the restaurant and full-service (looked pretty big and heavy!). I ended up eating a granola bar and fruit from the attached little store.

All in all, not the best choice for a tourist craving LA sights/sounds/attractions, but a nice quiet and convenient location for a business traveler or quick stop in the Glendale/Burbank area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Days Inn Glendale Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR? Share your experiences!