“Fantastic service from a classy operation”

Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here with my other half and some friends late last year during a tour of Los Angleses and Las Vegas - the welcome we got was fantastic, we were met in person by the manager and presented with our rooms before being brought down for an attentive and delicious lunch.

During our stay the staff were superb, the touches which made us feel like individuals and like valued customers were just excellent. The rooms were large and well appointed and we had a great view.

When the hotel knew we'd be getting back late from Las. Vegas- they laid on food and drink for us in our rooms which was waiting for us when we arrived. They also knew we wanted to hire a car and had arranged for it to be ready when we arrived.

The hotel was far enough out of the centre of LA to be clear of the craziness but close enough for it to be within easy reach.

The staff made the experience here - if I go back to LA any time soon, this is where I will stay. Just superb.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This Hotel was up to Hilton standards, clean & quiet, with a great location. Stayed here for easy access downtown for an event at the convention center, and business in Burbank. Good central spot for both. Front desk staff was very pleasant and was able and willing to accommodate a very early 10:30 am arrival. Parking valet's were very prompt, friendly, and courteous.

I am a Hilton Diamond and the included breakfast for my status was very good, there is no executive lounge.

Overall a good stay and a decent value for LA.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My corporate office is in Glendale but I am not and so when I visit I usually stay here. The only other choice that makes sense for my location is the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks away. They are both priced about the same so that is not a determiner. I prefer the Hilton. The service is better and while the breakfast buffet is not quite as extensive, my feeling is the quality and service are better as is the decor. This is not a destination hotel but if you find yourself on business travel to Glendale, this is pretty much as good as it gets and it is just fine for a one or two night stay. Windows open slightly which is a big plus for me as I like a little fresh air in the room. If there are two of you try the jazz restaurant across Glenoaks Blvd - only a 3 minute walk. Very unusual but very good food in a decidedly not Glendale atmosphere - all said in a very positive sense. Worth the adventure. But because of the "family style" nature of their menu you need at least two people - better with more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. The rooms with the city view have a better view but also have...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have stayed here 2 nights during the Memorial Day weekend to visit Hollywood and Universal Studios. I'd say this is a better choice Hilton hotel if you are planning to visit some LA attractions because we have stayed at Hilton Universal and this is better, newer hotel. There are 2 large shopping areas closeby - Glendale Galleria and the Americana at the Brand. Self parking was $18.00/day.

Let me tell you about our experienced at this hotel. The room was clean with 2 double beds, 32 inch Flat TV and typical Hilton bathroom. I guess our experiences are always different depending on other guests next door. Our first night was a nightmare because there were teenagers next door and I could hear their loud conversations and there was constant banging of doors till 2:00 AM. The 2nd night was peaceful - they must have checked out already.

My son and I enjoyed the pool with small Spa. Good value if you book in advance or through AAA if you are member.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed for business April 2012; location is very handy for those who must be near Hollywood and Burbank.

I am Hhonors Diamond, and did not 'dress up' to check in. Unfortunately, this appeared to cause a 'wrinkled nose' effect with the front desk staff. To be blunt, they have oodles of LA attitude, and I guess no one has told them that this is a suburban Hilton, and they are in the *hospitality* business. I've stayed all over the world, all kinds of places, this is top 10 for staff who have an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Another example: wanting a receipt, was told I had to "come down and ask for it at the front desk." Why? Every other Hilton will prepare it for me, and slide it under the door. Am I on timeout, too?

Sorry - they really rubbed me the wrong way.

Rooms are fine, standard Hilton fare with perhaps more modern style furniture. Overall the construction quality and architecture suggests that this is a refitted property from a cheaper brand (small doorways, cheap mirrors, etc.).

Location is fantastic; very near to freeway and within striking distance of both Hollywood, the Valley, and Pasadena.

Room Tip: Grovel in front of the narcissistic front desk staff?
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel room we stayed at was nice and clean. My only complaint was that there wasn't sufficient security in place. My brother-in-law accidentally left his camera bag containing a D5000 Nikon digital camera and memory cards on one of the lobby chairs. It was just a mere 15 minutes and the camera bag was no longer there. To think that there weren't a lot of people at that time. We immediately went to the front desk to seek the hotel staff's assistance and they all just didn't care. They didn't even try to ask around or help look. And when we asked for security cameras they said that they only had them outside. We know that it was basically my brother-in-law's fault for briefly leaving the camera behind. But we expected more from the Hilton Glendale staff to at least show a little concern. And for such a well-know chain, their security sucks. Here in the East Coast, a few of my friends have told me how they have left expensive things behind and came back to find it still there or at least someone holding it for them until they returned to claim them. The saddest part of this horrible experience is losing the memory cards with all the photos and videos of the family's trip to the U.S. Shame on the person that stole the camera bag.

1  Thank Jo G
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is the second time I've booked through Priceline and it was wonderful. Terrific location, all amenities as expected. Nice rooms, comfy beds. Book it!!