“Excellent Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brand Avenue
Description: The 4th location of the Frida Restaurant concept continues the owner's passion for offering traditional authentic Mexican Cuisine. Located at the Americana at Brand Center. Whether inside surrounded by a colorful mural or at the patio overlooking the trolly passing by, Frida Restaurant and Bar is an excellent place for enjoyment of the flavors in Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

You have to try the Tlaquepaque ! The meat is so tender that melts in your mouth , the grilled vegetables always fresh ! I always enjoy my Dinner there specially when the Mariachis are around

Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's super expensive and the food is average. I would recommend the mexican joints in Montrose (Joselitos or La Cabinita) more than I would this one.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Since the buffet across the street was packed, we ended up eating here in Frida Mexican Restaurant. It was full but no lines to get a table.
PROS:
My friend ordered the fajitas mixtas which was really good and yummy.
I ordered my favorite Mole Tasting which is a mix of 4 different kind of moles, it was partitioned so you get to taste each color, black,red,green and another black. I know its made of cocoa but honestly the taste is the same for all which made me think its not really a tasting plate but just
a presentation plate. Still i like the taste of it as i remember when I used to live in elpaso,texas next to the mexican border where people don't eat burritos but only authentic mexican dishes.

CONS: Service is slow. They serve you Chips and Salsa when you get seated so at least you are munching on something while waiting for your waiter. You just see them walk around and around and around and around. Good thing I was hungry and was satisfied with my food.

PRICE: $$$ which means my plate cost $21 plus $3 for the ice tea plus tax plus tip

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've only sat at the bar, but the service there is friendly and attentive. Go to their happy hour and get the carne asada tacos and a mojito. Both delicious!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good setting ,but loud,busy ,good location ,clean ,only Mexican food ,good music ,mariachi lots of fun in the evening if you want to wait to be seated.good service,margaritas of all kind,not for children in the evening .