“Just like the Song”

Forest Lawn Memorial Park
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Glendale
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous cemetery has dozens of fancy Hollywood tributes and exhibits, and it attracts over one million annual visitors.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A very beautiful serene well kept cemetery. Nice and peaceful and reminds me of the song by John Denver. Ooh lay me down in Forest Lawn. I know it may sound creepy but there are BEAUTIFUL Cemetarys out there. it gives you a sense of peace and serenity to visit. You forget about life for a while and it really does give you time to be humble and reflect. I have been to Arlington many times but have always wnated to visit Forrest Lawn so I am very glad that I got a chance to visit on my recent trip to Calif. The grounds keepers need to be commended on the cleanliness and gerat care they take in keeping the appearance of this beautiful place up. I highly recomed a visit if youa re in the area.

2  Thank TRAVELDEB_10

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Well, I've driven around this place a several times. There's nothing ugly or bad about it. Looks spacious and lovely. I just wonder if all that green will still be there a few hundred years from now.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm a bit of a cemetery hound to begin with, so it is no surprise that while 'visiting' my in-laws here for the first time I was compelled to have a look around. My poor husband. The grounds are massive and beautifully kept. The views are paramount. Go ahead, get out of your car and poke around. Treasures are hidden everywhere. Peace and quiet in the midst of a large noisy city. What most amazed me was the museum. I searched it out in order to get some answers about the cemetery. My mission soon took a left turn when we walked into this free admission museum. Not what I was expecting at all. I came for answers which I didn't get, but I left with a whole lot more. At the time we went (Apr 2013) there was an exhibit featuring Marc Chagall's art. Fabulous. More discoveries included an entire massive room with bronzes featuring everything conceivable that one could sculpt. Tucked among these treasures was a selection of beautiful stained glass. We did go to the Great Mausoleum. We did ring the buzzer. We figured it could hurt right? It didn't hurt, but they didn't let us in either. That's ok, plenty of other things to do and see. If you have a couple of hours that you're looking to fill, I would put this place on the itinerary!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Forest Lawn is stunningly beautiful and serene. Well worth a trip if only to escape the hustle bustle of the area. There is a museum that has outstanding stained glass and statues. Before we went we assumed we could wander around looking for celebrities but they do not permit this out of respect to them and their families.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A must do for cemetery enthusiasts and for those who like to seek out famous graves. The cemetery is very big so get a map at the front gates. Management will not tell you where stars are buried so do some research before going to get an idea of who you would like to visit and what their location is. Most famous resting places are not available for public view which was a bit disappointing. For those that are in the Great Mauseleom, please note that you cannot take pictures and are only allowed limited access to the first floor. Most hallways are chained off so you can only get a distant views of certain tombs like Elizabeth Taylor and George Burns. Others like Michael Jackson and Clark Gable are resting on the lower levels and there is no public access. Others are buried out on the grounds. Some are available for viewing like Jimmy Stewart and Errol Flynn, others are locked away in gardens such as Humphrey Bogart and Sammy Davis Jr.

1  Thank sjsanchez